Nagarjun Hill and Laxmi Cavel Day trip
Nagarjun is nearest hill site of Kathmandu Valley covered by thick forest with historical as well as natural setting. Situated north-west of Kathmandu it’s a part of Shivapuri National Park. You can start your hike from the Gate of Nagarjuna near Balaju Bypass. Its takes about 20 min car drive for entry gate from Thamel and than 2 and half hours of walking up to the hill. Nagarjuna hill hosts one of the well-known Buddhist stupa. A road passes through Raniban (Queen of Forest) to this stupa. Buddha stupas, ancient caves and finally Jamacho view point (2128m) are the main points of attractions.
The view point is famous for its spectacular Himalayan scenery.
The etymology for its name as Nagarjun is based in a mythological statement that it’s the location where Acharya Nagarjun has meditated. Nagarjun hill have the summer palace of the former Nepalese Royals. On the way back you will explore Laxmi Gupha (Cave).
per adult from
4 to 6 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Private tour guide
- Packed lunch, Snacks & mineral water/Soda during the tour
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ganesh Himal Trekking & Tours, Chettrapati Chowk, Near Free Clinic and Hospital Thamel,, Kathmandu 44600 Nepal
Shivapuri Nagarjun National Park (SNNP) is situated in the north side of Kathmandu valley. The park headquarters is located in Panimuhan village of ChapaliBhadrakati VDC of Kathmandu district. The headquarters is at 12 kilometers away from Kathmandu downtown. SNNP has three sector offices viz. Manichur, Dhakalchaur, andNagarjun. SNNP was established in 2002 AD. The park is demarcated by stone and brick wall.
SNNP has two islands of forests namely Shivapuri and Nagarjun. The park area is surrounded by heavy sub-urban population. Geographically Shivapuri forest located within 27°45' to 27°52' N latitude and 85°16' to 85°45' E longitude and Nagarjun forest is located within 27°43' to 27°46' N latitude and 85°13' to 85°18' E longitude. It claims part of Kathmandu, Nuwakot, Dhading, and Sindhupalchowk districts of Nepal. The elevation range is 1350 masl to 2732 masl.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 13 years
- Comfortable hiking shoes are recommended
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.