Nagarkot Changunarayan Hiking Tour from Kathmandu
Out of the many great hiking routes in Nepal, the Nagarkot Changunarayan hike is the one you won't want to miss while you are in Nepal. Nagarkot is a view point from which you can see the beautiful mountain range along with the village lifestyle. It lies at the eastern rim of Kathmandu. Changunarayan is one of the most famous Hindu temples situated on a hilltop. It is also a beautiful area to be and hike around.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip private transfer
- Private, English-speaking local guide
- National Park fees
- Entry/Admission - Changu Narayan
What's excluded :
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- You will be picked up from your centrally located hotel in Kathmandu between 7am to 8:30am and will be transferred by a bus and drive from Kathmandu to Sankhu takes approximately one hour. Once you arrive to Sankhu, you will have lunch at Salinadi then trek from Sankhu to Nagarkot which will take about three hours.
Nagarkot is truly a tourist paradise: the spectacular snow-fed mountains seen from Nagarkot must be one of the finest panoramic views in the world. When a blue haze covers the lower portion of the mountains, they seem to be floating in the air.
The panorama offers a majestic undisturbed view of the Himalayan ranges stretching from Mount Annapurna in the far west to Mount Karolung in the far east. More than twenty Himalayan peaks can be seen in their full glory from the different vantage points in Nagarkot. Here, you can take some pictures of mountains and other beautiful spots in the village of Nagarkot.
The Himalayan atmosphere and ecology will surprise anyone and will be an unforgettable experience of a lifetime.
Then, you will hike back from Nagarkot to Changunarayan for about 3 hours. This popular trail leads down from Nagarkot along a ridge to the temple of Changunarayan with views of the Sankhu village. Changunarayan is situated at the end of a long ridge which runs well into the valley. It is said to have been built in 323AD by King Hari Datta Varma. There, you will visit Changunarayan temple which is richly decorated with sculptures and carvings. It is said to be the oldest temple in the valley. After excursion in and around Changunarayan you board the vehicle back to Kathmandu.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from Hotels located centrally in Kathmandu. If your hotel is not listed, please let us know.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.