Nagarkot Guided Day Trek from Kathmandu
On this small-group trek, hike to Nagarkot, situated 32 km east of Kathmandu at an elevation about 1950 meters above the sea level and one of the most popular destinations for adventure enthusiasts. This route passes through small villages and farmlands with great views of the Himalayan ranges including Lantang Himal (7246m), Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal, Sisapanma ( 8013m), Manaslu (8162m), Gaurishanker (7145m) and Mt Everest (8848m), the highest peak in the world. This is an exotic marvelous spot in the Kathmandu valley to go trekking and gives a great perception of what trekking is like in the highlands region.
per adult from
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Hotel pickup
- The day trip begins with a scenic drive from Tridevi Marga, Thamel to Sankhu (the trekking starting point). Sankhu Village is a famous pilgrimage site in the Kathmandu Valley. In the village, there is the Temple for Bajrajogini, the Tantric Goddess, which was built around the 17th century. Religiously, it became famous since the 4th century for Hindus and Buddhist devotees.
Commence the trek through a beautiful agricultural terrace, typical villages, and a pine and rhododendron forest. Trekkers can enjoy the natural beauty, the spectacular views of the snowy mountains, and the beautiful Nepalese villages. In addition, you will have a great chance to chat with local people and experience local customs during the over the course of the trek.
We will have lunch at Tea houses in Kartikya Bhanjyang on the way tour. From this place provides excellent views of Himalayan ranges and beautiful landscapes and typical villages.
From the summit, you will have incredible views of the Himalayan ranges including Lantang Himal (7246m), Dorje Lakpa, Ganesh Himal, Sisapanma ( 8013m), Manaslu (8162m), Gaurishanker (7145m) and Mt Everest (8848m), the highest peak in the world. Once you reach Nagarkot you will then embark on an hour drive back to Kathmandu and will be dropped off back at your hotel.
Departure Point :Designated locations in Tridevi Marg, Thamel, Infront of Himalayan Bank, Kathmandu
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please note that there has been significant damage to some of the sites visited on this tour due to the earthquakes in April and May 2015
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.