Nagarkot Sunrise and Day Hike to Changunarayan !!
The Nagarkot to Changu Narayan hike is one of the shortest and easiest hikes on the outskirts of the Kathmandu valley. The hike which takes around 3-4 hours to the most begins from the hill station, Nagarkot. With distinctive views of the Himalayas surrounding the miniature yet fascinating Kathmandu valley, the Nagarkot to Changu Narayan hike is a paradise walk for enthusiastic hikers. The hike trails along a Tamang village and presents the unity among the people amidst cultural diversity.
Nagarkot is a hill station which is a well-known tourist destination. Every year thousands of tourist flock the area to view the mesmerizing scenes of the high standing peaks and the Kathmandu valley below it. Dedicated to Lord Vishnu, Changu Narayan is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It is known to have been around since the ancient time of Kirat. The Changu Narayan temple is a holy pilgrimage for many cultures and has been around since thousands of years
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- National Park fees
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Personal shopping
- The hike begins early in the morning after breakfast. The starting point of the hike is Nagarkot which is a hill station located at 2100 meter. The trail descends through the terraced fields through the Tamang Village. As you walk downhill we get a view of the majestic mountains all along the way. After 4 hours of walk, you reach the Newar Village which is home to the Newari community and their ancient brick houses. A short walk takes you to the oldest pagoda style Hindu temple in Nepal, the Changunarayan Temple. After sightseeing around the Changunarayan area, you can drive up to your desired destination.
Departure Point :your hotel in Kathmandu
Departure Time :4 am Every day (Depends on sunrise time ,winter or summer )
Return Detail :your hotel in Kathmandu or where ever in town.
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel Nagarkot is a popular tourist destination due to the change to observe the majestic views of the Himalayan range surrounding the Kathmandu Valley down below. On a clear day, the snowy peaks can be visible around the crest. The Tamang Village as per its name is filled with the Tamang community that is particularly known to be kind and warm to outsiders. Generally their three stories thatched houses are built by their local craftsmen. Local wine making is also a common practice in the area. The initial part of the hike encounters with the cultural aspect while the second half is all about natural beauty and tranquility. Since Changunarayan is located at a height, the views of the valley far down below can be witnesses along with the hills and mountain ranges up above.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.