Nairobi Airport Layover : Tour Elephant Orphanage and Giraffe Center
As you wait your next flight at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport Join us for a tour and get to see Nairobis highlights and gain an insight into its fascinating scenery at Giraffe center and Elephant Orphanage.
Visit the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust on a half-day tour of a Nairobi elephant orphanage that’s home to adorable baby elephants that have been rescued by conservationists. Unlike some tour options that feature a long list of stops, the focus is on the elephant orphanage alone, so you’ll have even more time to watch the baby elephants bottle feed and play with their keepers. Then visit Giraffe Centre, climbing onto a viewing platform to see endangered Rothchild's giraffes from the treetops. Pre-booking transport from your Nairobi Airport ensures a hassle-free trip to these two family-friendly wildlife destinations.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Entrance fee
- Pick up and drop off from Airport or Hotel
- Transport in a private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Giraffe Centre
- Entry/Admission - David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage
What's excluded :
- Lunch Own Expense (available for purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Giraffe Centre, Duma Rd, Nairobi Kenya
The tour starts by pick up at Nairobi Airport or Hotel. You will then be driven to the Giraffe centre where you will learn more about the conversation efforts to conserve an endangered species. The center's main purpose is to protect and help with the breeding of the endangered Rothschild Giraffe. Under the supervision of a professional, you can feed the giraffes from a raised observation platform. These platforms allow the visitors to come eye-to-eye with the giraffes. The center also has a large auditorium where visitors can listen to talks about Giraffe conservation and a various activities the center is involved in.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage, Nairobi National Park, Nairobi Kenya
The second stop is the Elephant Orphaned Trust; it is strictly open between 11 am and 12 noon. Here you will be able to see rescued baby and teenage elephants and learn their unique stories of how they got there, how they got their names and what plans are there to release them. Daphne Sheldrick, as part of the David Sheldrick Conservation Foundation, rehabilitates baby elephants and other wildlife here at her home just outside of Nairobi National Park. These babies have lost their mothers to poaching, death, injuries, on getting lost in the wild or other tragedies.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up available at Nairobi Airport, Nairobi Hotel, Airbnb, Private ApartmentsAirports
- Jomo Kenyatta Intl Airport, Nairobi Kenya
- Wilson Airport, Nairobi Kenya
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.