Naples Shore Excursion Mt Vesuvius and Pompeii Day Trip from Naples all inclusiv
Cruise passengers arriving in the port of Naples can explore legendary Pompeii and Mt Vesuvius, the only active volcano in continental Europe, on this full-day guided tour from Naples. It is a shore excursion not to be missed by any visitor to this region of Italy and includes both a guided tour of Pompeii's haunting ruins and a climb to the smoking summit of volcanic Mt Vesuvius.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop off
- Pizza lunch with drink
- Transport by shared air-conditioned coach
- Professional guide in Pompeii and on Vesuvius
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Entrance Ticket to Pompeii Archaeological Site (16 euros)
- Access to Mt. Vesuvius National Park (11 euros per person)
- Entry/Admission - Pompeii Archaeological Park
- Entry/Admission - Vesuvius National Park
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Pompeii Archaeological Park, Porta Marina (via Villa dei Misteri), 80045 Pompeii Italy
After pickup from your cruise ship dock, take a 30 minute drive to Pompeii, an ancient Roman city that was entirely destroyed by the sudden eruption of Mt Vesuvius in 79 AD. The largest archaeological site in Europe, today Pompeii is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
When you arrive, your guide will skip the line to buy your group’s tickets and lead you on a 2 hour walking tour of the fascinating grounds. Witness the destruction first-hand as you visit Pompeii’s most famous sites, including the Forum, the Thermal Baths, Vetti's House and the Lupanare brothel, giving you a glimpse into daily life during the Pax Romana. Today you can see shapes of objects — even bodies — that were buried beneath the volcanic ash and pumice.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Vesuvius National Park, Via Palazzo del Principe, 80044 Ottaviano Italy
After Pompeii visit, enjoy some free time to browse the shops followed by a pizza lunch with your group. Then board the coach and drive 40 minutes to legendary Mt Vesuvius.
Embark on a moderate hike up the volcano with your guide. When you reach the summit at 3,900 feet (1,200 meters), you’ll be rewarded with panoramic views of the picturesque Bay of Naples from east to west. Peer down into the crater and see plumes of steam issuing from the sleeping, but still active, volcano!
There is a rest point where you can choose to wait for your group if you do not wish to climb all the way to the top, but the hike is worth the effort.
After your Mt Vesuvius hike, relax on the drive back to Naples in the late afternoon.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up will be outside the dock of your cruise ship, driver will show a sign with your name on it.Ports
- Naples port, cruise dock.
Departure Time :9:45 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended for climbing Mt. Vesuvius
- We require a minimum of 2 participants in total every day to operate this tour. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not at least 2 participants for this tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Transport is by coach: group sizes of up to 50 people
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note that for the Mt Vesuvius part of the tour, among the 4 languages available, only the English language is always guaranteed
- In case Mt. Vesuvius National Park is closed due to bad weather conditions and/or other circumstances beyond our control, you will be refunded the entrance tickets to the National Park
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to the Naples port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- small groups
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.