Nar Phu Escape Trek
Nar Phu escape trek, the exclusive trek in between the most popular trekking destinations, Annapurna and Manaslu. This lost valley trail was off limit for the trekker till 2002 and hardly number of trekkers have been to this amazing trail. It is untouched and rarely visited despite its proximity to legendary Annapurna Circuit Trek.
per adult from
What's included :
- 3 nights accommodation at Kathmandu with Breakfast
- Full Board Meal throughout the trek. (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- All basic accommodation during trek on Twin sharing basis
- All the transfer mentioned in the program
- English speaking trekking guide
- English speaking tour guide
- Porter to carry 15kg luggage (1 porter 2 guests)
- All the trekking permits
- Medical kit
- All governmental and local taxes etc
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses (tips, souvenirs, laundry, telephone, hot shower, hot water to drink, wifi, charging mobile and camera) during trek is not included.
- Meals and other entry fees not mentioned in the program
- Visa passport fee
- Travel insurance and emergency evacuation
- Additional expenses which are beyond Lets Trip Nepal Adventure
- Nar and Phu are the main villages in the trek and are slowly opening to trekkers who want to experience amazing landscape, ancient village and Tibetan culture. The trek starts climbing through narrow trail above the raging Nar khola (river). The lush coniferous forests, cascading waterfalls, barren ridges, high pasture grounds, small bhattis (lunch house) on the way captivate the heart of trekkers for sure. The glimpse of limping Himalayan Tahr and Blue sheep on the rugged trails make you stop on the way and take some snaps of them.
As the hidden mountain villages are situated above the tree line, they are completely isolated during winter. The people move down to the village near Manang and other places. The people of this region is engaged in herding yak and selling meat, wool and hides with other village. Lately, some people have opened tea house and the things are carried by yak, mule or human. The best time to visit this destination is during April – June and September – November.
Day 01: Welcome to Kathmandu (1300m)
Day 02: Explore Kathmandu
Day 03: Drive Kathmandu to Koto (2610m) via Besisahar, 8-9 hrs
Day 04: Trek Koto to Meta (3560m), 7-8 hrs
Day 05: Trek Meta to Phu village (4250m), 7-8 hrs
Day 06: Acclimatization Day
Day 07: Trek Phu village to Nar Phedi (3490), 4-5 hrs
Day 08: Trek Nar Phedi to Nar village (4110m), 3-4 hrs
Day 09: Trek Nar village to Ngawal (3660m) via Kang La Pass (5332m), 8-9 hrs
Day 10: Trek Ngawal to Pisang(3250m). Drive to Besisahar, 4-5 hrs
Day 11: Return Kathmandu and Rest, 5-6 hrs
Day 12: Departure
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Tribhuvan Airport, Kathmandu Nepal
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The accommodation at Kathmandu will be on BB basis and during the trek will be on basic hotel/lodge/guesthouse. The room will be on sharing basis. Although Single Supplement will be provided on request, it will be difficult to get the single room with the increase in the elevation. During peak season, there will be problem of accommodation, we suggest you to carry own sleeping bags too.
- Nar Phu village, being a restrictive area, a special kind of permit is to be issued to trek. From September to November, US$ 90 per week per person and December to August US$ 75 per week per person or equivalent convertible foreign currency. The trek has to be completed in 7 days because of its validity period.
- At Kathmandu, Breakfast will be served to the guest while Lunch and Dinner have to be managed by self. At the same time, it’s the best chance to explore Nepali style food in Nepali Restaurants. Lunch & Breakfast can also arranged on request.
- The meal during the trek will simple and authentic Nepalese style. You can also enjoy the basic International cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.). The breakfast and the dinner will be served at the lodge where you are staying overnight and the lunch will be served on the way. All the Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner will be included in the package during trek.
- The trek is comparatively easy trek as you will be ascending to elevation slowly while taking rest. It is not necessary your body condition should be in top notched but the trek will be easier and successful if you could walk 5-6 hours per day. But beware of AMS ( Acute Mountain Scikness) while trekking, there is large gain in altitude while travelling from Koto to Meta. To have the stabilized stamina, attitude and determination you can have a week long walking practice prior to your trek day. If you have any critical problems like heart diseases, blood cancer, lungs problem and other life threatening diseases please consult your doctor before trekking and take necessary measure. You have to inform any kind of such complication to Lets Trip Nepal Adventure Pvt. Ltd. as well.
- The best time to visit Nar Phu Escape trek will be in Autumn (September – November) and Spring (March – May). This is the best time to explore the unexplored terrain as the climatic condition is favourable. The weather will warm, clean and sunny with incredible view of mountains and hills at the horizon. You will walking above the clouds at some places. The winter season (December – February) will favourble for those trekkers who wants to avoid overcrowding and love peace environment with good trekking experience. The summer/monsoon season (June – August) will favourable for those nature lover who wish to explore mountain vegetation and see some the wildings.
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.