Nar Phu Valley Trek - 12 Days
The Nar Phu Valley trek is a real Mega Mount Trekking experience that is as unforgettable as it is spectacular. Tucked between the more visited Annapurna and Manaslu regions, Nar Phu is a true hidden gem that offers trekkers a rare opportunity to explore unspoiled valleys that feature a mix of raw Himalayan nature and ancient Buddhist culture.
1 to 12 days
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- Teahouse accommodation during the trek
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private vehicle as per the itinerary
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trek leader and assistant trek leader (4 trekkers: 1 assistant guide)
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food and accommodation
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- Nepalese visa fee
- Excess baggage charge(s)
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain due to any reasonother than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s
- The Nar Phu Valley trek is a real Himalayan wilderness experience that is as unforgettable as it is spectacular. Tucked between the more visited Annapurna and Manaslu regions, Nar Phu is a true hidden gem that offers trekkers a rare opportunity to explore unspoiled valleys that feature a mix of raw Himalayan nature and ancient Buddhist culture.
Day 1: Welcome to Kathmandu1,400m
Day 2:Explore Kathmandu1,400m
Day 3:Drive from Kathmandu to Koto via Besisahar2,600m8 hours
Day 4:Trek from Koto to Meta3,560m7 hours
Day 5:Trek from Meta to Phu4,080m7 hours
Day 6:Acclimatisation day in Phu, Hike to Himlung Base Camp (4,800m)4,080m
Day 7:Trek from Phu to Nar Phedi, Overnight in monastery3,490m6 hours
Day 8:Trek from Nar Phedi to Nar Village4,110m3 hours
Day 9:Trek from Nar Village to Ngawal via Kang La Pass (5,240m)3,650m8 hours
Day 10:Trek from Ngawal to Pisang, Drive to Besisahar 4 hours
Day 11:Return to Kathmandu 5 hours
Day 12:Depart Kathmandu
Departure Point :Mega Mount Trekking & Expedition Pvt.Ltd. Thamel,Kathmandu
Departure Time :Early Morning Drive from Kathmandu to Koto via Besisahar
Return Detail :Trek from Ngawal to Pisang, Drive to Besisahar
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Trip IntroductionA fantastic journey to the wild and unexplored vicinity located north of Annapurna, this rugged and wild trek takes us to the exotic and enthralling valley of Nar Phu. Nar Phu Valley trek starts from Jagat following the popular trekking routes of Annapurna Circuit trail and then branch off from Koto to follow the off the beaten track to Nar Phu valley in the north of Manang and pass the Kang La pass with magnificent panorama of Annapurna massifs. The Kang La pass links Nar with Manang and three other Bhotia villages in the Neyshang valley. The valley system above opens up to a huge expanse of high snow-peaks, ancient villages and high altitude grazing settlements. Trekking to this hidden mountain valley offers medieval Tibetan culture in undisturbed form, dramatic mountains view and great alpine sceneries. We then head west over the Thorong La Pass and down through lower Mustang before heading on to Jomsom. We finally fly back to Pokhara and drive back to Kathmandu next day.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.