Native Handicrafts Heritage Shopping Tour
Our shopping tours are specific in their focus on one area of collecting. Guests are afforded the benefit of being introduced to established dealers with whom relationships have been cultivated by our staff over many years. Our amenities are also higher-quality and more extensive than offered by other tours, and our licensed tour guides, averaging 20+ years experience, more qualified.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Intimate Small Group Tours – Limited to 10 guests
- Museum-Quality Curation
- Veteran Licensed Tour Guides
- Premium Air-Conditioned Vehicle
- Lunch - Authentic local restaurant frequented primarily by local Myanmar community.
- Soda/Pop - Premium Branded Soft Drinks, Bottled Water, Juice
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Bogyoke Aung San Market
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses, purchases.
- Travel Insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Yangon Region, Yangon Region
Myanmar has over 100 discretely separate indigenous communities, each with its own rich tradition of handicrafts. Our tour provides a diverse exposure to the wide variety of authentic traditional products, whose contemporary manufacture enables these indigenous communities a needed source of revenue to sustain their culture and traditions. Purchases made here directly serve to sustain these communities.
Burmese craftsmanship has long been recognized as one of the world’s great aesthetic traditions. Religious and secular objects, combined with a rich tradition of folk art, makes shopping at the hard-to-find exclusive native handicrafts shops our tours patronize, as well as at more accessible local markets, a true museum tour experience. Authentic pieces are typically priced far below world norms, from under a hundred to a few thousand dollars, reflecting decades removed from international markets.
Whether you are a sophisticated collector/dealer, or just interested in the traditions of a rich culture, this tour is sure to satisfy. All establishments we patronize have long experience in shipping worldwide.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Bogyoke Aung San Market, Bo Gyoke Rd, Pabedan 11141 Myanmar
One of a number of different locales offering established quality native handicraft dealers.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up and drop off at no extra charge from any hotel or other residence in Yangon, as well as from the airport and Botataung Port. For guests arriving to the Thilawa Port, the cost of transportation to and from Yangon is not included, but can be arranged for an additional charge of $25 per guest. Please let us know where you'll be staying or arriving.Airports
- Mingaladon Airport, Yangon (Rangoon) Myanmar
- Thilawa Port
- Botataung Port
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Near public transportation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for children under 10.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.