Nature History Tour. Tortuguero Canal & Cahuita National Park Shore Excursion
The tour begins at port where you hop on an air-conditioned motor coach for a 20 minutes drive along scenic roads, passing quaint villages on your way to Moin where the Tortuguero Canals begins. Known as Costa Rica’s Amazon because of its surrounding rain forest, the Tortuguero Canal region is rich with exotic flora and fauna.
Board your covered boat for a leisurely cruise through the jungle canals. Your guide explains the rain forest eco-system and points out sights of interest. Keep an eye out for wildlife including howler monkeys, sloths, toucans, bats, aquatic birds, iguanas and crocodiles as well as exotic flora.
At the end of your cruise, board your waiting transportation for the transfer to Cahuita National Park, where an interesting nature walk and visit into the rain forest awaits for you. Cahuita is famous for its abundant wildlife including monkeys, sloths, toucans, iguanas, coatis, tree snakes and beautiful white san beaches.
per adult from
What's included :
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional Naturalist Tour Guide
- Cahuita National Park entrance fee
- Tortuguero Canal boat tour
- Fresh fruits snack
- Entry/Admission - Cahuita National Park
- Entry/Admission - Tortuguero Canal
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cahuita National Park, Cahuita Costa Rica
Cahuita National Park is a terrestrial and marine national park in the Caribbean La Amistad Conservation Area of Costa Rica located on the southern Caribbean coast in Limón Province, connected to the town of Cahuita. Cahuita National Park is unique in Costa Rica for its close relationship with the community, an example of shared management between the community and government for a sustainable development at community level. Participation of park guards and community life stands out through a shared governance management.
In this ecosystem, nestled in the Caribbean but with forest environment, you will find species such as raccoons, sloths, iguanas and basilisks. You will also notice snakes like tinsel and tamagá, and birds like the black hawk. Inside the park it is possible to perform recreational sports and hiking the trails, or simply enjoy the beaches swimming or sunbathing
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Tortuguero Canal Terminal de Cruceros Japdeva Cruise Terminal, Puerto Limon 70101 Costa Rica
Parque Nacional Tortuguero is a protected wilderness area on Costa Rica's northern Caribbean coast. Its beaches are famous nesting grounds for sea turtles, including endangered green turtles. The park's freshwater creeks and lagoons, which can be navigated by boat or canoe, shelter spectacled caimans and river turtles. The surrounding dense rainforest is also rich with wildlife, from monkeys to many bird species. Our tour includes a peaceful boat journey along the canals for admire the rich biodiversity of the area.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Puerto Limon, Puerto Limon, Province of Limon
Puerto Limón, commonly known as Limón, is the capital city and main hub of Limón province, as well as of the cantón of Limón in Costa Rica. It is the seventh largest city in Costa Rica, with a population of over 55,000, and is home of the Afro-Costa Rican community. The caribbean province is a natural paradise, formed by a combination of dense jungles, imposing mountains, and paradisiac beaches. Limon has the highest percentage of protected land in Costa Rica, as well as a wide variety of flora and fauna. Its vegetation is exuberant as are the cultures throughout the province.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
For Puerto Limon the Pick Up place is main entrance of the pier (main street). It is a short distance from your ship. There you will see our staff holding a sign with your name on it. All our tour guides wear a Green Color Polo Uniform and a Greenway Flag is very visible.Ports
- Puerto Limon Cruise Terminal
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 200 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We will provide you a health care kit for your personal security and our transportation services will work with the 50% of the total capacity.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.