Nazca Lines Day-Tour from Lima
Explore the mysteries of Peru’s stunning Nazca Lines during this 15-hour excursion, complete with light aircraft flight, departing from Lima. Drive south along the Pacific coast to Ica, where you’ll board your plane for a 1.5-hour aerial adventure above this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
As you soar above the nazca geoglyphs, these intriguing works of art, capture photos from your window seat, and listen as your guide explains the puzzling questions about their creation.
Your Nazca Lines tour also includes a delicious lunch in a local restaurant and round-trip transportation from your hotel in Lima.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Round trip transportation to the hotel
- Box breakfast
- Plane overflight
- Airfield taxes
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aeródromo Las Dunas, Carr. Panamericana Sur, Ica 11004, Peru
Very early in the morning we will pick you up from the hotel, to start the Nazca Lines Air Tour with Transport from Lima, a 4:30 hours journey until reach Ica’s airfield. Along the way, you will enjoy a breakfast box, and will be accompanied by a bilingual guide.
The Nazca lines location is in the Ica region, in the Palpa and Nazca valleys, 280 miles south of Lima and near the Pacific Ocean. They lie at the edge of the western Andes at 2000 feet above sea level.
These impressive figures are between 165 and 985 feet long. The Nazca Lines mystery lies in the complexity of the process used to create them on the ground; they are very stylized and each is drawn with a single unbroken line. They were designated World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1994. Although some local geoglyphs resemble Paracas motifs, scholars believe the Nazca Lines were created by the Nazca culture.
Arriving at the airfield, you will have a short briefing in an audiovisual room, and then you will take the Nazca Lines flight where you will be able to see these large-scale drawings that can only be seen from the air. During 1:30 hours of flight, you will able to located the most recognized figures such as the hummingbird, the monkey, the spider, the whale, and others.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Oasis of Huacachina, Urb. Sebastian Barranca L- 19, Ica 11000 Peru
Finally, we will visit Huacachina, an oasis located in the middle of the Ica’s desert. After enjoying a delicious lunch in a local restaurant, you will head back to Lima.
The Nazca Lines images were first mentioned by Spanish colonizers and explorers during the XVI century but they were mistook as trail markers and roads.
It wasn't until the XX century that scholars started researching them after the first flights flown over and came to realize that they weren't simple lines but figures of animals, insects, humans and plants.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from centrally located Miraflores, San Isidro and Downtwon Lima hotels
Departure Time :6:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Subject to meteorological conditions or airspace permission.
- Most travelers can participate
- You should bring original passport, comfortable shoes, windproof jacket, camera, sunglasses, sunscreen and money for personal expenses
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- It is the passenger's responsibility to wear a protective mask and maintain social distance, in case they do not respect the basic safety measures they will be asked to leave the tour. The maximum capacity of the services will be reduced in order to guarantee social isolation.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.