New Orleans Drink and Music Tour: From Cocktails to Jazz
Explore New Orleans’ jazz and cocktail scenes on fun and far-reaching afternoon tour. With a local guide leading the way, learn about jazz’s origins and explore musical landmarks like Marginy and Louis Armstrong Park. Escape the beaten path in the French Quarter and visit a legendary 18th-century haunt. Enjoy a beer and five cocktail samples.
per adult from
5 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- Five cocktail sample
- Small snack
- One beer
What's excluded :
- Additional drinks, food
- Tips/gratuities for your guide and the musicians
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Jackson Square, 615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116-3234
Your cocktails and jazz tour begins in Jackson Square where you’ll find many of the best bars of the French Quarter are only a stone’s throw away. Don’t expect to spend much time on Bourbon Street though. While it has its place in New Orleans nightlife, we will be going beyond the tourist trail to show you what really makes New Orleans’ cocktail culture unique.
Pass By: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
For our first cocktail stop we will travel back to the 1700s and visit a bar which used to entertain some of the most eccentric characters in New Orleans history. Here, we will taste a famous drink of the city and learn how it has influenced New Orleans drinking culture today.
We will then visit one of your guide’s favorite bars and taste a drink so good you’ll forget there’s alcohol in it.
Next up, we will sample the ‘official cocktail of New Orleans’: the Sazerac. One of the first cocktails ever invented, it’s definitely tasty enough to stand the test of time.
Our final cocktail stop will be at one of the classiest establishments in town to try one of the city’s most esteemed drinks, the Ramos Gin Fizz. After your first sip, you’ll truly understand why New Orleans has been called, “the cradle of civilized drinking.”
Pass By: Louis Armstrong Park, 901 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3086
There will be an opportunity to rest your feet or grab a bite to eat before the jazz portion of the tour begins. Your guide can recommend some good eats, depending on your preferences. Then we’ll head over to the historic and beautiful Louis Armstrong Park in the Tremé neighborhood.
Within the park, we will talk about the historical origins of jazz and discuss one of the jazz greats, Armstrong himself.
Pass By: Frenchmen Street, New Orleans, LA 70116
From here, we will make our way to the popular Marigny neighborhood, a hip nightlife area that’s home to the famous Frenchmen Street, where you’ll find the largest concentration of live music venues in the city. Being with a local, you’ll have access to the best options, depending on the day of the week, time and band schedules. And to top it off, you will receive a beer on us at one of the stops. You’re very welcome to purchase additional beverages as and when you want them.
We’ll also be on the lookout for impromptu street performances, which always make the night special. And if the timing and mood is right, we’ll get behind the scenes with one of the bands in between sets.
Your cocktails and jazz tour ends at the nightly art market, another lively spot where the city’s artists show off their best work, from handmade sculptures to local photography.
If (well, let’s be honest, when!), at the end of the tour you're still craving more, your guide will point out other great locations in the area for dinner, drinks and of course, more great music!
Departure Point :Jackson Square, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :619 Frenchmen St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- This tour features a couple of cocktails that include dairy ingredients such as eggs and/or milk. Discounts are available for vegans or people with a lactose-intolerance. Your guide can also assist you with alternative drink recommendations to purchase separately during the tour.
- Travelers under 21 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- Small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.