New Orleans French Quarter Cemetery Tour
Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions, we are not allowed to enter St. Louis No. 1. We are viewing the tombs through the gates only. St. Louis Cemetery Number 1 is a must-see for anyone planning on having a great New Orleans sightseeing experience. Visitors who take our tour have the opportunity to hear of the legendary men and women interred within its walls and tombs, including many of the characters who made our magnificent city what it is today. The Big Easy's oldest city of the dead is the perfect place to learn about the unique burial practices of a people who had no choice but to bury their dead above ground. Additional $1.00 per person due at check-in. This is a fee charged by the Archdiocese for their cemetery rehabilitation fund.
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Walking tour outside St. Louis Cemetery No. 1
What's excluded :
- Additional $1.00 per person due at check in. This is a fee charged by the Archdiocese.
- Entry/Admission - St. Louis Cemetery No. 1
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: French Quarter, French Quarter, New Orleans, Louisiana
St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 was founded in 1789 in the French Quarter of New Orleans. Due to unique environmental circumstances and centuries-old Catholic tradition, standard below ground burials could no longer take place and the people of New Orleans had to devise some creative solutions, and so the first St. Louis cemetery was born.
Stop At: St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, 425 Basin St 3421 Esplanade Ave, New Orleans, LA 70112-3535
Due to the current Covid-19 restrictions, we are not allowed to enter St. Louis #1. We are viewing the tombs through the gates only. St Louis Cemetery No. 1 is an 8-block area in what used to be the uninhabitable outskirts of town, home to the tombs of plantation owners, architects, pirates, a chess champion, a voodoo queen and Nicolas Cage.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Departure Point :1: 940 St Louis St, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
2: 801 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Note: due to the current Covid-19 restrictions we are not allowed to enter St. Louis #1. We are viewing the tombs through the gates only.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.