New Orleans Garden District Walking Tour Including Lafayette Cemetery No. 1
This New Orleans Historic Garden District Walking Tour highlights the American settlement and their beautiful homes, gardens, wealth and how life was changed because of their amazing contributions. This multifaceted tour includes the unique history of our incredible city, culture, and architecture. The Americans early settlements, lavish lifestyles and immense wealth are obvious as we walk through this opulent and super astonishing neighborhood.
Our Tour begins outside of the gates of Lafayette Cemetery #1, as you learn of the basic burial information and customs and discuss why New Orleans cemeteries are so unique (NOTE: PUBLIC ACCESS IS NOT ALLOWED IN THIS CEMETERY) We then walk around the neighborhood where you'll see the architectural styles of the Americans. You will see celebrity homes, perfectly manicured landscapes and movie hotspots as well. Walk with a local, see it through our eyes!
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Insider tips for local hangouts
- Recommendations for food, music and fun
What's excluded :
- Entry/Admission - Lafayette Cemetery No.1
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Garden District, St Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130-5968
Your tour will be conducted by a local, licensed and professional tour guide! We walk along the rows of antebellum mansions after our cemetery portion of the tour and we discuss architecture, the people who lived there in early New Orleans and the people who live there today. We also include a celebrity portion of the tour.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Lafayette Cemetery No.1, Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130
Lafayette Cemetery #1 will be closed for maintenance, so the cemetery portion of the tour will be conducted outside the gates. You will learn the history of the cemetery and of New Orleans' unique burial traditions.
Duration: 20 minutes
Departure Point :1427 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is smart casual
- Tour is generally wheelchair accessible however be prepared for very uneven surfaces at the sites visited which may be difficult for those with mobility issues or using a wheelchair
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A significant amount of walking is involved
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.