New Orleans Historical Literary Tour: Books and Bohemians
Five writers have passed through New Orleans on their way to the Nobel Prize in Literature. Dozens more who came this way have been awarded Pulitzers, National Book Awards and O. Henry Prizes. Something happens to writers in New Orleans that stays with them wherever they roam. During our Books and Bohemians Literary Walking Tour you will visit one of only three literary landmark hotels in America. William Faulkner, Tennessee Williams and Ernest Hemingway stayed there often. Truman Capote said he was born there. (He wasn’t.) We’ll visit the authors’ homes and favorite haunts. We’ll immerse ourselves in the vibrant culture of Dixie Bohemia, La Vie Bohéme, in the 1920’s. If you couldn’t join the Lost Generation in Paris, you came to Paris on The Mississippi. And we’ll shine the spotlight on New Orleans’ women, African American and contemporary writers. A relaxed stroll through the French Quarter with time for a cocktail or two (Drinks NOT included).
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed New Orleans Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
During our Books and Bohemians Literary Walking Tour you will visit one of only three literary landmark hotels in America. William Faulkner, Tennessee Williams, Eudora Welty and Ernest Hemingway stayed there often. Truman Capote said he was born there. (He wasn’t.) We’ll visit the authors’ homes and favorite haunts. A relaxed stroll through the French Quarter with time for a cocktail or two. (Drinks NOT included.)
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :French Truck Coffee, 217 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :French Quarter, New Orleans, LA, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Tours Rain or Shine. Can’t be held responsible for missed tours, no shows, and late arrivals - its New Orleans, it happens. Tours start as scheduled. Please plan on arriving 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour.
- Bring water, throw on a hat, wear comfortable shoes, and protect yourself from the rain.
- We are volunteer tour guides for the Friends Of The Cabildo & The Louisiana State Museum. We are members of the Tour Guide Association of Greater New Orleans, New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau & Save Our Cemeteries. We are registered tour operators for St. Louis Cemetery #1.
- No pets
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.