New Orleans Jazz Tour with Live Music and a Beer
Few cities rival New Orleans’ nightlife thanks to its thrilling music scene. From authentic dixieland to big brass and every other jazz style in between, live music options are endless in the city that gave birth to the coolest genre in music. Hear about the origins and culture of jazz before making your way to the 19th century neighborhood that boasts the best music and bars in town. We’ll visit a few of our favorite local clubs, enjoy a beer and discover the talents of some of the city’s best local musicians. There’s nothing quite like a night out in ‘The Big Easy.’
per adult from
2 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Local English-speaking guide
- One beer
What's excluded :
- Additional drinks
- Tips/gratuities for your guide and the musicians
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Louis Armstrong Park, 901 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3086
Our music tour of New Orleans begins just outside the French Quarter at the historic and beautiful Louis Armstrong Park in the Tremé neighborhood. Within the park, we will talk about the historical origins of jazz and discuss one of the jazz greats, Armstrong himself.
Pass By: Frenchmen Street, New Orleans, LA 70116
From here, we will begin to make our way to the popular Marigny neighborhood, named after the nobleman and good-time guy of the same name. Updated for modern thirsts, Marigny is a hip nightlife area that appeals to New Orleanians and visitors alike. Your guide will lead the way, either on foot or by streetcar, making sure to point out a few popular local music and nightlife haunts along the way.
Soon we will arrive at the famous Frenchmen Street, the largest concentration of live music venues in the city. Your guide will take you inside some of his/her favorites. Being with a local, you’ll have access to the best options, depending on the day of the week, time of day and band schedules. And to top it off, you will receive a beer on us at one of the stops and you’re very welcome to purchase additional beverages as and when you want them.
In New Orleans, there’s always the opportunity for an element of surprise. We’ll be on the lookout for impromptu street performances, which always make the night special. And if the timing and mood is right, we’ll get behind the scenes with one of the bands in between sets.
In addition to getting your groove on and enjoying the sights and sounds of Frenchmen Street, we’ll end the tour at the nightly art market. This is another lively spot where the city’s artists show off their best work, from handmade sculptures to local photography.
If (well, let’s be honest, when!), at the end of the tour you're still craving more, your guide will point out other great locations in the area for dinner, drinks and of course, more great music!
Departure Point :701 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :619 Frenchmen St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers under 21 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- Small group of a maximum of 12 people.
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- By joining this tour, you will be helping to contribute to the livelihoods of local musicians in the jazz clubs we visit, allowing them to earn a decent wage and continue doing what they love to do.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.