New Orleans King Cake Tasting and Demo
One of a kind New Orleans Food Experience hosted by a well-known expert! Learn about the Famous King Cake and the Christmas Festival and Mardi Gras Carnival from a local baker and Mardi Gras Krewe member.
per adult from
What's included :
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- A tasting, a baking demo and a food ethnography chat all rolled up into one tasty afternoon, book this special New Orleans food culture experience! Mister Gregory is the only baker in the French Quarter still making traditional Parisian style King Cakes, Galette des Rois. Enjoy the chance to experience a tasting as a VIP, with a small group and Mister Gregory himself.
We begin with champagne and a presentation about Twelfth Night cakes on the front gallery over-looking historic Congo Square and Armstrong Park. We then make our way to the private dining room for a Galette de Rois demo by Mister Gregory. You will learn how to make an impressive traditional French King Cake with ingredients easily found in any grocery. While Mr. G's cake bakes we will indulge in a sweet-tasting of another King Cake style, the famous dry brioche from the south of France. The highlight of the event is warm French King Cake from the oven. We will also enjoy an iced or hot New Orleans Chicory Cafe au Lait and learn about the history of this special drink. A vintage porcelain feve (King Cake Baby) from France will be a parting gift for you and a memento of our time together.
• Congo Square, 701 N Rampart St Entrance at the Corner of N. Rampart and Saint Peter Streets, New Orleans, LA 70116-3085
• Louis Armstrong Park, 901 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3086
• French Quarter, French Quarter, New Orleans, Louisiana
• Galette de Rois
• Dry Brioche King Cake
• Cafe au Lait
Departure Point :810 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Departure Time :1:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This experience begins promptly. Please arrive early as late comers cannot be accommodate and will be considered no-shows. d
- Must be able to climb one flight of steep steps.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.