New Orleans Small-Group Haunted History Carriage Tour
The French Quarter is known as one of the most haunted places in America, and with so many ghost tours to choose from, the best choice is this 1-hour carriage tour from the award-winning Royal Carriages, recently awarded the 2018 Louisiana Attraction of the Year Award. Instead of walking around with a large group of people, you'll travel to and from haunted locations comfortably in a mule-drawn carriage guided by a professional tour. Learn about all the history, culture, and architecture in addition to the ghostly spirits that refuse to leave.
per adult from
What's included :
- Awarded 2018 Louisiana Attraction of the Year
- 1-hour mule-drawn carriage ride
- Licensed professional guide
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Jackson Square, 615 Pere Antoine Alley, New Orleans, LA 70116-3234
This authentic mode of transportation will help you time-travel back to the 1700s and 1800s when death and disease were rampant due to devastating fires, floods, murders, and more! Being that there are only 8-passengers on-board the carriage, the mule-drawn adventure is more intimate and unforgettable. The carriage-driving tour guides are top-rated licensed guides who have been sending chills down spines for over 75 years.
Meet and board at the carriage stand located at 700 Decatur Street. As your carriage departs from Jackson Square, your driver/guide will regale you with stories of the city's founding as the carriage passes through the historic French Quarter street.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: French Quarter, New Orleans, LA
Travel past landmarks such as Saint Louis Cathedral, Jackson Square, Napoleon House, and more as the carriage wind through New Orleans' oldest neighborhood, the French Quarter. Expect stories that are both historical, entertaining and appropriate for all visitors. It's important to understand the history so that you can understand the spirits that haunt the buildings.
New Orleans is considered to be the most haunted city in America. Countless tragedies have happened right in the French Quarter, including devastating floods and fires killing thousands, contagious epidemics resulting in thousands of deaths, and other odd occurrences like weird human torture experiments, medical experiments, love lost, and more. These stories have been documented in police records and history books, and some can be quite alarming! You'll learn about the stories, then about how the "spirits" are letting people know that they are still very present! Do you have goosebumps yet?
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: St. Louis Cathedral, 615 Pere Antoine Aly, New Orleans, LA 70116-3291
View St. Louis Cathedral, the famous landmark and oldest continuously active cathedral in the U.S.
Pass By: Lalaurie Mansion, 1140 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70116-2706
Are you a fan of American Horror Story? If so, you will absolutely see the infamous LaLaurie Murder Mansion, and discover how the true story told on TV is both similar and different from what actually happened inside this house of horrors.
Departure Point :700 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- All tour participants must arrive 15 minutes early to the boarding location. Late arrivals will miss the tour and not be provided with a second opportunity to ride or a refund.
- This tour activity is subject to cancellation due to inclement weather such as flooding or lightning.
- Tours operate in favorable weather conditions, including rain. Please dress appropriately for the weather.
- Tickets prices apply to each passenger onboard the carriage, with the exception of infants or toddlers up to 3 years of age. All infants and toddlers must remain in the lap of their parent or guardian throughout the carriage tour.
- Wheelchair accessible; please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Plexiglass installed between seats.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.