New Orleans Swamp and Bayou Boat Tour (Self Transport)
Take a short drive from New Orleans to visit Honey Island Swamp, a wildlife preserve that is one of the last protected wetlands in Louisiana, during a 2-hour boat tour. Visit a Cajun village only accessible by boat; learn about the animals and plants in the lush swamps; and get close to wildlife with an expert local guide. This tour does not include transportation.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Transportation is NOT included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Lake Pontchartrain, New Orleans, LA
From New Orleans, take a short drive to Slidell and you'll reach Lake Pontchartrain and the Honey Island Swamp, a wildlife preserve that is one of the last protected wetlands in Louisiana.
Stop At: Honey Island Swamp, Parish Governing Authority District 13, LA 70461, USA
Your guide welcomes you aboard a custom-made 22-passenger flat-bottom boat. The smaller sized, quiet boat can fit through narrow passages in the swamp foliage so that you see more and get closer to wildlife. It’s the ideal way to take in the lush environment of Cajun country.
As your guide explains the history of Louisiana’s wetlands and swamp ecosystem, be on the lookout for resident wildlife including alligators, raccoons, owls, wild boar, nutria, snakes, turtles, black bears, bald eagles and many other bird species. Get a close look at some wild gators as your guide shares facts about the toothy beasts, who can weigh up to 1,000 pounds (453 kg). Their ancestors once roamed the earth with the dinosaurs and scientists estimate that they have existed for more than 150 million years.
Glide safely through the fertile swamplands, learning about Cajun culture and how local people have utilized the swamp for food, homes, and medicine from your guide. You even see an authentic Cajun village that is only accessible by boat. Gain an understanding of why the wetlands are slowly disappearing and about the efforts being made to preserve Louisiana's natural treasures.
After a fascinating 2-hour boat tour on Honey Island Swamp, your guide returns you to shore. You can then make your own way to your next destination.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :55345 US-90, Slidell, LA 70461, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Plexiglass windows added to promote distancing between passengers. Boats will have limited capacity.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.