New Orleans Treme & Congo Square Historical Tour: Beyond the Music
Visit America’s oldest African American neighborhood, hear the Mardi Gras Indians’ story, visit the oldest Black Catholic Parish in the United States. Learn about Free People of Color, Creoles of Color and the African slaves who obtained freedom and settled here. Hear the story of Henrietta Delille, the Creole nun destined for sainthood and explore Louis Armstrong Park and Congo Square, the birthplace of Jazz.
Why choose The Savvy Native as your Big Easy Tour Guide? Our walking tours are Historically Accurate, Entertaining and Memorable; our guides receive continuous and on-going training, attending historical lectures and seminars throughout the year.
per adult from
What's included :
- Licensed New Orleans Tour Guide
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Treme, New Orleans, LA
America’s oldest African American neighborhoods.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Treme Coffeehouse, 1501 St Philip St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Louis Armstrong Park, 701 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Bring water, throw on a hat, wear comfortable shoes, and protect yourself from the rain.
- Tours Rain or Shine. Can’t be held responsible for missed tours, no shows, and late arrivals - its New Orleans, it happens. Tours start as scheduled. Please plan on arriving 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour.
- We are volunteer tour guides for the Friends Of The Cabildo & The Louisiana State Museum. We are members of the Tour Guide Association of Greater New Orleans, New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau & Save Our Cemeteries. We are registered tour operators for St. Louis Cemetery #1.
- No pets
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.