NEW: Piazza San Marco: Secret itineraries of Prisons Palace
Discover the secret itinerary of the 16th prisons in Piazza San Marco, one of the earliest jails in Europe, created in 1500 and linked to the Doge’s Palace through the famous Bridge of Sighs.
Listen to how the justice was managed thanks to the Lords of the Nights: the terrible Venetian police who oversaw the crimes and brought lawbreakers in front of the courtroom!
An amazing route in which you will be accompanied through places never visited until now: enter in the torture room and see real torments items used in the past to make the criminals confess!
You’ll go down to see the cold cells to discover the lifestyle of the prisoners: what they ate, drank and where they slept.
See the authentic graffiti left by the inmates and listen about the exciting Casanova’s jailbreak: he managed to escape from the maximum-security jail known as “Piombi”!
The route arrives until today and the many cultural activities that take place in.
Only for small group (maximum 15 people per visit)
per adult from
What's included :
- Live commentary
- Entrance skip the line to the prison palace and its secret itinerary
- Entry/Admission - Palazzo delle Prigioni
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Palazzo delle Prigioni, Castello 4209 Calle degli Albanesi, 31024 Venice Italy
Listen to the myths and legends that still live inside these cold cells and halls.
Along the route you’ll enjoy the explanation of the powerful “Council of The Ten”, composed by the highest Venice Politicians that oversaw the justice in all Venetian domains.
Since the birth of the Republic, Venice has been always careful to the administration of justice, of which used to do proudly with own judicial system. composed by courts, lawyers and magistrates. One of the main points was the operating police used to resolve fights and punish the perpetrators of crimes.
Nowadays the Palace, that overlooks the stunning Riva Degli Schiavoni, is home of an important Venetian cultural institution.
Duration: 45 minutes
Pass By: Doge's Palace, Piazza San Marco, 1, 30124 Venice Italy
The 1500's Prison is connected to the Doge's Palace with the Bridge of Sighs.
Pass By: Piazza San Marco, 31024 Venice Italy
The tour take in place in the "Palazzo delle Prigioni", Prisons Palace in Piazza San Marco.
Departure Point :Circolo Artistico - Palazzo Delle Prigioni, Riva degli Schiavoni, 4209, 30122 Venezia VE, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- The customers health is the most important matter for us, the tour operates in according to the Covid-19 National directives in order to guarantee the experiences in a safe environment.
- All customer touchpoints are frequently cleaned, and the tour will leave with small groups.
- We only ask the kindness to bring the own mask in case you need to wear it.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- The customers health is the most important matter for us, the tour operates in according to the Covid-19 National directives in order to guarantee the experiences in a safe environment. We only ask the kindness to bring the own mask in case you need to wear it.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.