New York And How It Got That Way - Guided Tour
An eye opening, provocative tour that will have participants cheering the Dutch for inspiring our true foundations, boo-ing the English for treating New York as an ATM machine, re-evaluating Thomas Jefferson, thanking Alexander Hamilton for the city's skyscrapers, and celebrating forgotten heroes who saved New York from disaster.
per adult from
What's included :
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Tour escort/host
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Entry/Admission - Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Battery Park, State Street and Battery Place, New York City, NY 10004
New York and How It Got That Way:
Visionaries, Dreamers and Schemers and How They Shaped the Look and Outlook of Manhattan
Stop At: Wall Street, New York City, NY 10005
An eye opening, provocative tour that will have participants
• Cheering the Dutch for inspiring our true foundations
• Boo-ing the English for treating New York as an ATM machine
Stop At: SoHo, South of Houston Street, New York City, NY 10022
• Re-evaluating Thomas Jefferson
• Thanking Alexander Hamilton for the city's skyscrapers
• Celebrating forgotten heroes who saved New York from disaster
Stop At: 5 Ave, Waverly Pl., W. 4 St. and Macdougal St. Washington Square Park, New York City, NY 10011
The Guides: Passionate about New York and its often improbable history
Stop At: Grand Central Terminal, 89 E 42nd Street, New York City, NY 10017-5503
The Do-Good: A portion of each booking will be donated to Graham Windham, a children’s service organization created in 1806 by Alexander Hamilton’s widow, Elizabeth Schuyler-Hamilton, and friends
Stop At: Carnegie Hall, 881 7th Ave Second Floor, New York City, NY 10019-3210
Transportation: a Luxury coach with some easy walking
Stop At: Central Park, Central Park, New York City, New York
Who should take this tour?
• Veteran New Yorkers
• Newly minted New Yorkers
• Tourists who want to know more than just the height of the Empire State Building (A before-you-go primer takes care of such essentials)
• Corporations looking for a way to inspire employees with tales of persistence and grit that got New York to where it is today
Stop At: Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, The David RubenStein Atrium Broadway & 64th Street - main entrance, New York City, NY 10023
• Students, to encourage them to never give up their big ideas.
• Teachers, to encourage students to think big
• Or anyone looking for some surprising history or salacious gossip to share at the next dinner party.
Departure Point :National Museum of the American Indian, 1 Bowling Green, New York, NY 10004, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
We depart from the front steps of the National Museum of the American Indian.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Lincoln Center Plaza, New York, NY 10023, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.