Newport Beach: Beaches and Beers Tour
Take a scenic stroll around Newport Beach and then dive into its bar scene with a local guiding the way. Enjoy the sunset from the end of the pier, followed by a ferry out to Balboa Island for some more boozy fun! This tour is designed to get you acquainted with the South Californian beach life vibe, so grab yourself a beer and come toast the endless summer sun with us!
per adult from
What's included :
- English-speaking local guide
- Uber ride (as noted in copy)
- Ferry crossing to Balboa Island (return trip is on own)
- Two local beers (one at bar and one at the brewery, as noted in copy)
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Entry/Admission - Balboa Island Ferry
- Entry/Admission - Balboa Island
What's excluded :
- Transportation and return $1 ferry ride to start point
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Newport Beach, CA 92660-3267
Historically the playground for the rich and famous and beautiful beach city in Southern California. Part unspoiled nature, part manmade wonder and part luxury paradise, Newport Beach enchants every type of traveller to its glowing shores.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Newport Beach Pier, Newport Beach, CA
Is one of the two piers on the Newport Beach peninsula. It replaced the James McFadden ward in 1939.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Blackie's By the Sea, 2118 W Oceanfront, Newport Beach, CA 92663, USA
Blackie's is a homage to Newport Beach and its deep surf roots. Located steps from the sand and Newport pier, this iconic dive bar has a rich and colourful history. It opened in 1953 and not much has changed ever since!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Chihuahua Cerveza, 3107 Newport Blvd, Newport Beach, CA 92663, USA
Local Brewery with Mexican beers. The taproom is within a modern style Mexican restaurant which offers great comfort food. With a wristband, you can try the several flavours of beer they offer! A unique experience and great beers!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Balboa Island Ferry, 410 S Bay Front, Newport Beach, CA 92662-1042
Local ferry to transfer between the several islands within the harbor of Newport Beach.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Balboa Fun Zone, 600 E Bay Ave Ste R, Newport Beach, CA 92661-1347
Fun family amusement park next to the ferry to Balboa Island.
Stop At: Balboa Island, 206 Marine Ave Unit 322, Newport Beach, CA 92662-7020
We’ll take a stroll around the neighborhood and then enjoy a drink in a popular local inn that boasts regular live music sessions with local artists.
Your tour will end here, but your guide will be very happy to make recommendations for further exploring Balboa Island and Orange County — please just ask!
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: The Village Inn, 127 Marine Ave, Newport Beach, CA 92662, USA
Restaurant and bar on Balboa Island, a great place to enjoy live music!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :McFadden Square Centennial Monument, 1-99 Newport Pier, Newport Beach, CA 92663, USA
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :The Village Inn, 127 Marine Ave, Newport Beach, CA 92662, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Casual clothing is recommended.
- The return to start point is not included but your guide will provide detailed information on how to use return transportation.
- Travelers under 21 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- This tour is a small group with a maximum of 7 people.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Note: Due to changing regulations in Orange County regarding the serving of alcohol during COVID-19, guests may be required to order food at any stops where they have a drink. Food orders are not included in the tour price.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.