Ngilgi Cave Semi-guided Tour
This exquisitely decorated cave, with its stunning stalactites, stalagmites, helictites and beautifully coloured shawls, was Western Australia’s first tourist attraction. The Semi-guided Tour is approximately one-hour duration and begins with an introductory talk from the cave guide while being led down into the first chamber, or ‘The Amphitheatre’. Once inside the cave you can admire the spectacular shawls, helictites, stalagmites and stalactites while exploring at your own pace.
per adult from
What's included :
- Semi-guided tour of Ngilgi Cave. Approximate duration - one hour.
- Entry/Admission - Ngilgi Cave
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from the cave.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ngilgi Cave, Yallingup Caves Road, Yallingup, Western Australia 6282 Australia
Experience the beautiful bush surrounds while you learn about Ngilgi's rich history - from the fascinating Aboriginal Dreamtime story describing the battle between a good spirit (Ngilgi) and an evil spirit (Wolgine). The cave now takes its name from this rich Aboriginal legend. However, it was formerly known as Yallingup Cave, when the first tourists arrived in 1899. Your guide will regale you with stories of these early cave tourists - of candlelight tours, romantic escapades and close encounters - as you make your way down into the cave. You will then be free to discover the beauty of Ngilgi Cave on your own.
Extensive boardwalks lead you through the impressive chambers of this underground wonderland. Along the way, lighting illuminates hidden marvels and signage allows you to learn more about the remarkable crystal cave decorations. Another guide stationed in the centre of the cave can answer questions and provide more information on the many beautiful areas within the cave. Discover new chambers and formations at every turn, including the 'Fairy Cave' and 'Cupid's Corner'. There is also a junior explorer's tunnel to provide fun for little ones!
Departure Point :Ngilgi Cave, 76 Yallingup Caves Rd, Yallingup WA 6282, Australia
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.