Niagara Falls historic sunrise walk through steampunk glasses
See the beyond the falls and today's 'Bread & Circuses' and learn of Victorian shenanigans
Connect with the Founders, average people through Industrial Revolution as pioneers
Be Ready on the Battlefield, War of 1812
Feel the Wealth in the Architecture
And learn how it all came together.
We visit the men, women and families displaced by this pivotal battle exploring the battlefield and old Niagara Falls; piecing together a local's perspective through the lives of some larger-than-life neighbours.
We'll examine the war from multiple perspectives: merchants, Americans, farmers, First Nations, the British, English and new Canadians
Secondary War of 1812 Themes:
Jerome and Napolean Bonaparte, “It's their fault”
The Lundy's Lane Battlefield and adjacent Drummond Hill Cemetary
Other key battles
Who lost (hint: the First Nations)
Anthems and who won
Slavery, civil war, rebellions and why it all matters today
Includes all day funicular pass
8 participants maximum
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Tongue-in-cheek, but sourced (often-colourful) historical commentary.
- Full day unlimited funicular ticket
- Picnic break - 30 minutes, pack water and drinks. Optional, small victorian pastry included
What's excluded :
- REQUIRED: Personal protective gear (for initial meeting and safety in the community) when warranted
- Rain and sun gear recommended. We run in all climates, especially sun or snow!
Heritage Waking tour Niagara Falls, Ontario: the founders - Sunrise edition
Put on a pair of steampunk sunglasses & prepare to see a sunrise over the falls and echos of the past many people miss through lenses of the 19th century. We then continue on two part 6 km history walk & social discussion through the vestiges of yester-year:
Topics discussed include:
Life in a frontier town: Wars and Rebels & 'The Hangover' Victorian edition
Tales of immigrants, slaves & pioneers: contributions by individuals
Mass development of industry and tourism
The river, crossings & many failures
Feats to master the tremendous thunder: Tightropes-to-Tesla + some local heros
Crazy local events: Plagues, Protests & Professional Stunt-people
SEE historic sites everyone misses
SPEND private time by the falls
MEET some of the first loyalist families
DISCUSS frankly their success and failures: First Nations, minorities and refugees
Sunrise over the falls
1.5 hr walk through Stamford, Clifton and Drummondville
2 hr mid-morning brunch break - recommendations for museums, picnic and swimming spots (many free)
1.5 hr walk through Drummondville, Niagara Falls including: Lundy's Lane Battlefield
• Lundy's Lane Battlefield, 6110 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls, Ontario L2G 1T1 Canada
Departure Point :4950 Clifton Hill, Niagara Falls, ON L2G 3N4, Canada
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Every individual must have personal protective gear for our initial meeting. Health & Safety guidance around 'safe-walk' will be included in our orientation.
- The walk is mostly flat but has a few inclines. It covers roughly 6km and is not recommended for those with highly restricted mobility impediments.
- Most of the walk is along wheelchair accessible sidewalks or cemetary stone paths. Certain spots have bad portions of sidewalk which we do our best to skirt; cemetary access is limited to pathways (moderate obstruction of Secord family site / certain graves)).
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- REQUIRED: Personal protective gear for initial meeting and safety in the community. At our orientation we will review the guidelines for a safe walk to protect ourselves and my neighbours. Face masks are recommended anytime social distancing is not feasible & are required for all Niagara shops.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.