Niagara Falls NY Walking Tour
This walking tour of Niagara Falls USA have you discovering the best views of the Falls from Goat Island. You will also have the option to end the tour with a splash of excitement while embarking upon the Cave of the Winds OR Maid of the Mist.
- Discover the best views of Niagara Falls NY while spending time outdoors
- Enjoy picturesque views from Goat Island, Luna Island, Terrapin Point and the Three Sisters Islands
- Learn fun facts and history of the area
- Incredible photo opportunities throughout the tour
- Opportunity to add optional Cave of the Winds or Maid of the Mist admission to your tour
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guided walking tour of Goat Island in Niagara Falls, NY including: Luna Island and Terrapin Point with many photo opportunities
What's excluded :
- Cave of the Winds admission (additional fee applies)
- Maid of the Mist admission (additional fee applies)
- Parking Fees
- Entry/Admission - Cave of the Winds
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Goat Island, Niagara Falls, NY
On your walking tour of Niagara Falls, NY , your guide will meet you under the archway leading to Goat Island. Goat Island is well known for having one of the most magnificent views of both the American and Canadian Falls. Here you will see the famous Nikola Tesla statue and learn about his contributions to the area and to the world in terms of modern-day electricity.
After visiting the Tesla statue, your guide will bring you to The next stop on your tour will be Luna Island which separates the American and Bridal Veil Falls. This Island was originally called Prospect Island but it was renamed for the famous lunar rainbows that appear over it on bright, moonlit nights.
Next, you will head to Terrapin Point. This point sits on top of the Terrapin Rocks which were named for their resemblance to a giant tortoise. From here, you’ll have an incredible view overlooking the Canadian Horseshoe Falls and the lower Niagara Gorge.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Three Sisters Island, Niagara Falls, NY
Your tour will then continue onward to the Three Sisters Islands. The islands are connected by bridges which allow pedestrians to walk across all three for grand views of the raging rapids of the Niagara River before its descent into the Horseshoe Falls. The Three Sisters Islands have served as an inspiration for many artists because of their natural beauty.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cave of the Winds, Goat Island, Niagara Falls, NY 14303
For those continuing with the Cave of the Winds option this will be your next and final stop on the tour. At Cave of the Winds you’ll descend into the Niagara Gorge before embarking on a series of walkways leading to the famous “hurricane deck”. It has been said that even on a clear, calm day, a trip to the hurricane deck feels like you’re standing in the middle of a tropical storm!
For those who choose to continue with the optional Maid of the Mist boat ride instead, your guide will bring you to the Prospect Point Observation Tower for an up-close look at the Falls before heading down to the boarding site for the iconic Maid of the Mist boat ride.
For those who are not continuing with the optional Cave of the Winds or Maid of the Mist visit, your guide will end the tour, give you directions to get back to your vehicle and make some recommendations for things to do in the area. You can then take the rest of the day to continue exploring Niagara Falls, New York.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Goat Island Road, Goat Island Rd, Niagara Falls, NY 14303, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- For those who choose to add Cave of the Winds - there are stairs but there is an option to bypass the stairs for those requiring accessibility accommodations
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.