Nicole's Table - Coordinating Curry
It is believed that curry came to the Caribbean with indentured servants after slavery was abolished. The influence of curry on Caribbean cuisine is huge. Each island has their own special variation of spices that they call "curry". Many debates have been held in kitchens as to which island has the best curry… But all agree that curry and roti is one of those comfort foods that people crave after being off island for a while.
Nicole explores all the many faces of curry while she creates a meal that fuses a little of the old styles with newer Western flavors. Visitors will learn about the history of curry, its health value, and short cuts that can be used to create various curry based meals. The goal will be to make it easy for visitors to go home and cook the same menu whenever they wish.
Take this class not just to explore new flavours, but to enjoy the experience of cooking with new friends in a West Indian home with great view of the Caribbean Sea!
What's included :
- Meals, drinks, and recipes as per itinerary
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel/Port pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Guests attend our classes in our large home on a high hill overlooking the Caribbean Sea.
Guests are provided with a booklet with all the recipes that will be created during the class. Segments of the class will be hands-on while other parts will be done via demonstration. This is a change from our previous hands-on classes that has became necessary due to COVID. However, COVID has not put a damper on the good humor, camaraderie, stories, and fantastic food that we enjoy in each class.
Travel from the Port is approximately 15 minutes and the time from most other locations is quite reasonable.
We are following all COVID protocols put forward by the US CDC and the Antigua Government.
Consequently, masks, social distancing, and multiple hand washings are required.
* Vegetarian options available.
• Nicole's Table, Orchid Hill Road Cedar Valley, St. John's Antigua
• Coconut Crisps or Plantain Chips
• Abbey's West Indian Chicken Curry with Dhal Puri Roti and Buss Up Shot - Served with Roasted Pumpkin, Spinach with Coconut Milk, and White Rice.
• Coconut Custard Tarts
Departure Point :Orchid Hill Drive, Orchid Hill Dr, Antigua and Barbuda
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements (especially allergies!) at time of booking
- All recipes depend on the season and availability
- Stroller accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We are following all COVID protocols put forward by the US CDC and the Antigua Government. Consequently, masks, social distancing, and multiple hand washings are required.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.