Night and Dinner at the Russian Monastery
This is a unique opportunity to visit a historical place after working hours, explore its churches when they are closed for public and enjoy the views from the bell tower which is not accessible if you want to visit it on your own.
And the absolute gem of our tour is a real monks dinner at the Monastery Refectory.
What can be more unique?
per adult from
2 hours 15 minutes
What's included :
- Entry/Admission - Vysoko-Petrovskiy Monastery
What's excluded :
- Gratuties (tips) not included
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vysoko-Petrovskiy Monastery, Petrovka St., 28/2, Moscow 127051 Russia
We will spend a nice evening at the 15th-century Russian Orthodox Christian Monastery. This place is a locals-Best-Kept-Secret and a Hidden Gem.
We will explore the Monastery and then enjoy its local food, cooked exactly the same style as for resident monks. Absolutely delicious!
First, we meet at central Moscow and will have a short walk to the monastery,
Will be met there by Vladimir (monastery monk guide), who will give us a tour around the monastery territory (I will translate). We will visit the most interesting places there:
- Early 16th-century Cathedral, built by a famous Italian architect
- 17th-century Church, dedicated to the most respected Russian Saint (we will this church after it's closed for the public, so we will have the whole temple for us only)
- 40 meters-tall Bell Tower - we will visit the tallest tier of the monastery bell tower, built back to 17th-century and will enjoy the bells ringing and amazing views of Moscow (you can see the Kremlin walls from there!)
- Dinner at the Monastery Refectory. We will have our food at the place, where monks have their meals. It will be a lot of food and you can choose a dinner with fish or a vegetarian option.
The meal is cooked exactly the same way as it's cooked for monks.
Yum Yum! During the dinner and we will be happy to answer your questions about the history of Moscow, the religion in Russia, its food.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Pamyatnik A.s. Pushkinu, Tverskaya St, Moskva, Russia, 125009
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- High heels not allowed, bring comfortable shoes
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 21 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.