Night Turtle Nesting Tour from Tamarindo
On this Tamarindo Turtle Nesting tour, you will have the rare chance to see Olive Ridley and Green Pacific sea turtles lay their eggs, and sometimes even see the babies hatching and going out to sea!
- See Turtles Laying their Eggs
- Chance of Seeing Baby Turtles Hatching
- Local Bilingual Conservationist Guide
- A Rare Chance to See Costa Rica's Beloved Turtles
per adult from
What's included :
- National Park fees
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Pickup and drop-off from designated meeting points
- Hotel drop-off
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Native's Way Costa Rica, Meters West Of Banco Nacional 50 Next to La Oveja Negra Surf Club, Tamarindo 50503 Costa Rica
Leaving just after sunset, you will meet at our office and your guide will take you to a protected beach located 30 minutes away.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Playa Mina, Playa Conchal Costa Rica
You will have the chance to see Olive Ridley and Green Pacific sea turtles laying their eggs at a series of secluded beaches near Playa Grande. You could possibly see the Leatherback turtles, but it is rare.
Due to the sensitive nature of this naturalist tour, the local guides prohibit the use of flashlights or flash on your cameras, but you may take pictures. A special red light will be provided by the guide that does not disturb the turtles.
Turtles can be seen year round, November to April is the peak season for turtle nesting.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Native's Way Costa Rica - Tours and Transfers, 50 meters west of Banco Nacional, Guanacaste Province, Tamarindo, Costa Rica
Departure Time :6:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for children age 4 and under
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- We intensify cleaning measures for frequently touched surfaces (exterior and interior handles, etc.), control measures to reduce people, masks are not required during the tour, but please bring a mask for the quick transport from hotel to tour start point in case there are other travelers.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.