Nikko Custom Full Day Tour
This private and customizable tour for Nikko is perfect for guests who would like to have their own itinerary planned based on their interests and preferences, allowing guests to experience the city at their own pace.
per adult from
What's included :
- 8-hour fully customized tour with reservations and bookings made on your behalf
- English-speaking professional tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation within the city only
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Fees for optional tours and activities for guests and tour guide
- Meals, food and drinks not specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Nikko Tosho-gu, 2301 Sannai, Nikko 321-1431 Tochigi Prefecture
The final resting place of the founder of the Tokugawa Shogunate.
Pass By: Rinno-ji Temple, 2300 Sannai, Nikko 321-1431 Tochigi Prefecture
A Shinto place of mountain worship. The temple's main building, the Sanbutsudo, houses large, gold lacquered, wooden statues of Amida, Senju-Kannon and Bato-Kannon.
Pass By: Shinkyo Bridge, 2307 Sannai Nikko Futarasann Shrine, Nikko 321-1431 Tochigi Prefecture
Stands at the entrance to Nikko's shrines and temples, and technically belongs to Futarasan Shrine.
Pass By: Kanaya Hotel History House, 1-25 Honcho, Nikko 321-1434 Tochigi Prefecture
A historical building in Nikko. One of the premier hotels in the area and stands as the oldest Western-style hotel in all of Japan.
Pass By: Nikko Futarasan Jinja Chugushi Shrine, Chugushi, Nikko 321-1661 Tochigi Prefecture
One of Nikko's three most sacred mountains. The paid area features a small forest garden with a couple more halls, a spring, old sacred trees and closer views onto the main hall (honden).
Pass By: Kanmangafuchi Abyss, Nikko, Tochigi 321-1415, Japan
Known for its row of about 70 stone statues of Jizo, a Bodhisattva who cares for the deceased.
Departure Point :Nikko, Tochigi, Japan
Traveler pickup is offered
If guests are already in Nikko, the tour guide will pick up the guest at their hotel (if it's within the city center). If not, pick-up location will be provided to the guest before the tour date (the pick-up location will likely be at a convenient location, such as a train station). More details will be provided after booking.
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Infants must sit on laps
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Wheelchair accessible
- 8-hour fully customized tour with reservations and bookings made on your behalf (restaurant or other venue reservations must fall within tour hours)
- Children that are age 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult that is age 18 or older
- English-speaking professional tour guide (or other language may be available based on request)
- Preparing a customized tour requires some time, especially if reservations for restaurants or other venues are required. We recommend making a reservation as early as possible. Ideally, it should be 3 months before your travel date, or 1 month before the travel date at the very least. For Custom Tour bookings that are requested with less than 7 days before the travel date, we may not be able to arrange your custom tour in time so your booking request may be cancelled and you will receive a full refund.
- Guests are provided with the tour guides’ phone number before the tour and you can call the tour guide if you need help.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if the hotel is within city center)
- Every city in Japan has a lot to offer. There are many aspects to the city and many hidden and local spots that you may not have seen or heard of before. In the Custom Tour form that will be sent to you after your booking, you’ll be able to let us know of any attractions you have already visited and would not like to see again on this tour. We will carefully review your requests and will create an itinerary based on your preferences.
- If you cancel the tour any time after we have sent you the custom Itinerary Sheet, the service fee of 15% of your total tour cost will be nonrefundable.
- If your cancellation falls within the fees applied to the Standard Cancellation Policy, the service fee of 15% will no longer take effect. You will only be responsible for the cancellation fee specified in the Standard Cancellation Policy. Please carefully review the terms and conditions specified on the checkout page.
- How far in advance should I book?
- Why am I charged a service fee if I make a cancellation after you started planning the trip?
- With many options and attractions to choose from in the city, it may seem easier to just choose a set tour that’s already available out there, but after you book this Custom Tour, we’ll work closely with you on designing the perfect tour that is only for you. To make it easier for you, after the tour is booked, you’ll receive a Custom Tour form with various potential options and themes for you to easily choose from. We’ll also consider all your preferences: whether you are into Japanese culture, history, food, nature and scenery, seasonal experiences such as Winter Illuminations, or other, you’ll be able to easily make your selections and identify any spots on your wish-list before we start planning away for you.
- As for mode of transportation, you’ll have the option to choose public transportation option (utilizing the excellent train and bus systems) or the private vehicle option (with a meticulously clean and comfortable chartered vehicle with personal driver) to take you around the city for your own comfort. The choice is yours. We are just here to make the planning and arranging process easy for you.
- Passports may be required to verify age on the day of the tour.
- Price: Select number of people under Booking Request for pricing
- Although this is a private tour, the tour guide will only wait for you for up to 45 minutes of start time before the tour is cancelled
- Transportation within the city only (either public transportation or private vehicle, based on your booking)
- We ask that all guests arrive at the location at least 10 minutes before the designated meet-up time
- Please dress appropriately for all weather conditions
- Organizing and planning a trip requires a lot of time and if we have made reservations on your behalf, it may be very challenging to cancel some booking requests. Once we receive your booking and your answers from the Custom Tour form, we will begin putting together your Itinerary Sheet and will start arranging your tour guide, buying tickets, making reservations at venues for your tour, etc.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.