Nine Mile and Dunn's River Falls Day Trip from Montego Bay & Grand Palladium
Great Value for money! This day trip includes Nine Mile in the hills of St Ann as well as Dunn's River Falls in Ocho Rios. Enjoy an authentic Jamaican lunch before returning to your hotel/resort. Small and large groups are welcome.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan/bus
- Professional guides at Nine Mile and Dunn's River Falls
- Entry/Admission - Nine Miles
- Entry/Admission - Dunn's River Falls and Park
- Entry/Admission - Columbus Park Museum
What's excluded :
- Lunch & drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Rose Hall Great House, Rose Hall, Montego Bay Jamaica
This Rose Hall Great House is an early 18th century plantation home that sits on a high elevation on thousands of acres in Rose Hall, Montego Bay. The Rose Hall Great House was once owned by the famous and certainly one of the wickedest plantation owners to walk the land of Jamaica, Annie Palmer. She owned hundreds of slaves. This house became haunted after her gruesome death in 1831. The house is scary to look at even in the daytime. There is no stop at the Rose all Great House on your way to Negril however, your tour guide will tell you the history and slow down so that you can take photos.
Pass By: Runaway Bay, Jamaica
This tour takes you through one of the most popular towns on the Island. Runaway Bay is naturally beautiful and is certainly one of the most scenic areas in Jamaica. It sits between the beautiful, crisp coastline to one side and the lush green mountains to the other. There is much debate as to how the town of Runaway Bay got its name. some people believe it got the name because that is where the last batch of Spanish soldiers ran away from when they were retreating from the attacking British Troops lead by Governor Ysassi right after the 1655 British invasion of Jamaica, while other argue that it was the point from which the Slaves from inland plantations used as an escape route to runaway to Cuba. Get your cameras ready to go as you make your way through this area.
Stop At: Nine Miles, Jamaica
Bob Marley was born on February 6th, 1945. He died on May 11th, 1981. Visiting this small town is a priority for all tourists, cruise ship and stopover passengers alike from Ocho Rios, Falmouth, Montego Bay and from as far as Negril in the west. Nine Miles is a tiny village in hills of St. Ann where the reggae legend, Bob Marley was born, and fittingly, the place he’s now laid to rest.
Although Bob Marley moved to Kingston at age 13 to live with his mother and to advance his music career, he would often return to Nine Miles to get away from the fast pace life of Kingston. Home is where the heart is and Bob Marley wrote several of his hit songs when he was in St. Ann.
Nine Miles Jamaica was always his home and to have the full experience of Bob Marley; you will have to visit this village. A tour of this settlement will leave you with a greater understanding of the legend Bob became; in fact, the community today is pretty much how it was in Bob Marley’s early days. A Rastafarian tour guide will be on hand to guide you around the property and answer all your questions.
Still present, is his first home and the very bed he slept in as a young child also as an adult when he would return on his many “cooling out” visits. The rock that he used as a pillow, on which he would relax. Quite a few guests have said that they have felt the presence of Bob Marley.
The Nine Mile Tour includes his birth and resting place, what he liked to do and Mount Zion, the spot where he drew his inspiration from to write his songs. Visit the nearby Ethiopian church where his body was laid to rest with his guitar. Please remove your shoes before you enter as a sign of respect. Feel free to look around.
After Nine Mile Tour there will be a stop for lunch at one of our local jerk chicken Restaurants.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Dunn's River Falls and Park, Ocho Rios Jamaica
The world famous Dunns River Falls is undoubtedly the most gentle & beautiful waterfall. By now, you should be wearing your swimsuits so all you have to do is to get checked-in, meet with your resident guide, go through the briefing, sign the waiver form and get on with the fun at hand. There are professional photographers stationed at Dunns River that will accompany you on the trip – you can purchase your pictures at the end if you like but, feel free to take your waterproof cameras with you and your Falls Guide will assist you by taking pictures. Your walk to the starting point will be about 2 minutes down to the beach where you will start the 600ft. (183 metres) climb. Be prepared for the cool, refreshing water hitting your body for the first time Your total time at Dunns River Falls will be approx. 1 hour 45 minutes. If you are unable to complete the climb it’s no problem - there are exit points along the way for you to abort. Feel free to ask your tour guide just to point out the areas of the falls that featured in the James Bond movie (Doctor No). Kindly head directly to the bus as soon as the climb is complete.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Columbus Park Museum, Jamaica
The town of Discovery Bay is where you will find Columbus Park. It was originally named Puerto Seco (“Dry Harbour”) by Christopher Columbus in 1494 when he and his men landed on the Island. It is said that could not find fresh water to drink. They later found fresh water in another area about 5 miles west of the town. The water was so good that they named the location where it was found Rio Bueno (“Good River”). However, the town of Puerto Seco was later renamed in 1947 to Discovery Bay because Discovery Bay is where the Spanish, lead by Christopher Columbus landed when they invaded the Island on May 4, 1494. There is a park with several old relics and artifacts on display. There will be a brief stop to take photos and capture the rich history of this historic town.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Greenwood Great House, 435 Belgrade Ave, Montego Bay Jamaica
The Greenwood Great House (Plantation home) was constructed in the early 18th Century. Like most, if not all the other Great Houses in Jamaica, the Greenwood Great House was built at high elevation. One could say that this was a strategy used back in the plantation era as a means of overlooking the plantation and also for security purposes. This house, unlike the Rose Hall Great House, is not haunted but of a more peaceful and relaxing atmosphere. The history and the architecture of the house is what will blow you away. As you pass by, feel free to take photos when your tour guide slows down.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most Montego Bay Hotels and other accommodations. You must contact your local supplier at the number provided at least 24 hours prior to the day of the tour to confirm your hotel or central pick up point.
Departure Time :7:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant meals not included
- It is recommended that you bring cash, a camera, towels, water shoes, snacks and a swimsuit
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Limited number of wheelchair transportation available
- Limited number of child/car seats available
- You must be 18 or over to drink
- You MUST contact your local supplier by email, phone, text or WhatsApp to reconfirm your tour at least 24 hours before the scheduled tour
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Minimum numbers apply (minimum 8 persons). There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there’s not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you will not be arriving at your destination within the specified reconfirmation period, please reconfirm with the local service provider prior to travel, or upon arrival at your destination. Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly.
- Please present either a printed or electronic voucher at pickup just for verification.
- Please be ready and waiting in your hotel lobby/pickup point 10 minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Pickup time subject to change based on local weather/traffic conditions
- Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the customer can be prevented from participating in the activities if they are found to be intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.