Nizhny Novgorod Private Tour to Makarievo Monasteries and Sergievskaya Sloboda
Makarievskiy Monastery is situated on the left shore of the river Volga, 100 km from Nizhniy Novgorod. The Monastery was founded in 1435 by Saint monk Makariy, a native of Nizhniy Novgorod. The ensemble of the Monastery is splendid even today. The centre of the Monastery ensemble is Troitskiy Cathedral was built in 1658. This is a five-headed six column temple. The main building of the Monastery looked like Spasskiy Cathedral in the Kremlin of Nizhniy Novgorod (1652). Uspenskaya Church and monastic refectory of the Makarievskiy Monastery, built in 1651 is a vast two-stored building. Makarievskaya Church (1808), was built in the style of classicism. Walls and towers made of white stone (1662 - 1667) are a bright sample of Old Russian defence architecture. On the four corners of the Monastery, there were round towers. From the sight of the river, there was the main entrance — Saint Gate with the Church of Archangel Michael above.
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request
- Hotel pick up from Nizhny Novgorod by private a/c transport
- Tickets to the mentioned churches
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - Troitskiy Makariyev Zheltovodskiy Zhenskiy Monastyr'
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Temple of the Icon of Mother of God of the Sign, Ul. Lunacharskogo, Bor 606440 Russia
09:00 The tour begins, our driver and English-speaking guide will pick you up at your address in Nizhny Novgorod to depart for Semenov city by car or mini-van.
10:00 Arrival to Sergievskaya Sloboda. You will see the church built in honour of St. Nicholas - the Nicholas-Znamensky Church: the first mention of this church dates 1533. The complex includes an Orthodox gymnasium named after St. Prince Dmitry Donskoy, the Museum of St. Sergius of Radonezh, an Orthodox kindergarten named after St. Sergius of Radonezh, a children's play centre "Peresvet" and a monument to the Monk.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Troitskiy Makariyev Zheltovodskiy Zhenskiy Monastyr', ул. Набережная, 1, Makar'yevo, Nizhegorodskaya oblast', Russia, 606210
11:00 Departure to Makarievo (100 km)
13:00 Arrival to Makarievo. The sightseeing excursion to Holy Trinity Makarjevsky Zheltovodsky women’s monastery, visiting of Zhivonachalny Trinity Cathedral, Church of Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Archangel Michael Church and St. Makarius Cathedral where his relics are kept.
15:00 Free time
16:30 Departure to N. Novgorod
19:00 Arrival to your hotel
Duration: 3 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from any hotel of Nizhny Novgorod
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.