Nizhny Novgorod Private Tour to Semenov. Khokhloma painting
Semenov is one of the Golden Ring cities of Russia, located on the river Sanahta 70 kilometers from Nizhny Novgorod. City Semenov - the world famous center of folk handicrafts of Nizhny Novgorod region, called the town of the "Golden Khokhloma" and listed as a historic site of Russia. Semenov is one of the most interesting "small" Golden Ring towns with unusual layout of the French provincial town, because of which the city is sometimes proudly called "Little Paris". It is the town of Semenov where the first matryoshka appeared, that became a symbol of Russia.
We offer a trip to the extraordinary city of Semenov. In the city you will visit the factory "Khokhloma painting", see the way how the simple wooden piece turns into a bowl or a vase of great beauty. Visit the museum "Golden Khokhloma" where you will see the unique collection of modern products and an interesting collection of the oldest products from Semenov masters.
• Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional English-speaking guide assistance. Other languages upon request
- Hotel pick up from Nizhny Novgorod by private a/c transport
- Tickets to the mentioned museums
- Transportation to museums and for excursions
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance
- Entry/Admission - Zolotaya Khokhloma
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities to guide/driver (optional)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Zolotaya Khokhloma, Ulitsa Chkalova, 18, Semyonov, Nizhegorodskaya oblast', Russia, 606651
09:00 the tour begins, our driver and English-speaking guide will pick you up at your address in Nizny Novgorod to depart for Semenov city by car or mini-van.
11:00 arrival to Semenov.
After arrival in the capital of Golden Khokhloma, you will visit the Museum of Folk Life “ The House of Semen Lozhkar”. This is a big village house, this Russian "izba" (house) is filled with the smell of freshly baked bread and fragrant kvass (Russian national drink), you can warm yourself at the Russian stove, you will feel the sense of antiquity and see objects of peasant life.
The caring hostess Semyonovna will tell about the rules and practices of the Russian family’s way of life, the secrets of home comfort, show and teach how to work with forgotten objects of distant antiquity: roll, ruble, grip and rocker.
12:00 Visit to the Museum "Golden Khokhloma", where you will be acquainted with ancient art crafts - unique Golden Khokhloma. Especially you will admire the visit to the "Royal room"
13:00 Masterclass, you'll master the secrets of art painting beauty-matryoshka or wooden spoon
15:00 Lunch at the cafe in Semenov.
16:00 Free time
17:00 Departure to N. Novgorod.
19:00 Arrival to your hotel
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
You will be picked up from any hotel of Nizhny Novgorod
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.