No Shopping Half Day Korea DMZ Tour
Learn about Korea’s divided history at the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) on a half-day tour, led by an informative guide. In the morning or afternoon, travel from Seoul to the DMZ, where the country has been split since the Korean War, to visit fascinating sites such as Imjingak Park, the Freedom bridge, the 3rd Infiltration Tunnel and the DMZ exhibition hall. At Dora Observatory, you can even peer through binoculars to observe village life in North Korea. U
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Expert guide
- Transport by comfortable, air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup
- Entry/Admission - Imjingak Pyeonghoa-Nuri Park
- Entry/Admission - DMZ The 3rd Infiltration Tunnel
- Entry/Admission - Dora Observatory
- Entry/Admission - Dorasan Station
What's excluded :
- Hotel Drop Off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Seoul, Seoul
After pickup at your Seoul hotel in the morning or afternoon, drive to the Korean Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). En route, your guide shares expert commentary on the dividing line between North and South Korea.
Stop At: Imjingak Pyeonghoa-Nuri Park, 481-1 Samok-ri, Munsan-eup, Paju, Gyeonggi-do South Korea
Get out at Imjingak Park along the banks of Imjin River to see artillery and war artifacts that were used during the Korean conflict before proceeding to Freedom bridge, where nearly 13,000 Korean POWs crossed on their return back home to South Korea.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: DMZ The 3rd Infiltration Tunnel, South Korea, Gyeonggi-do, Paju-si, Gunnae-myeon, 점원리 산172
Re board the coach and head to the 3rd Infiltration Tunnel, located beneath the border of North Korea and South Korea. See where the South Koreans have blocked the actual Military Demarcation Line with concrete barricades, and browse photographs and war artifacts at the DMZ exhibition hall.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Dora Observatory, Jeomwon-ri, Gunnae-myeon, Paju, Gyeonggi-do 413-920 South Korea
Your next stop is Dora Observatory, where you can use binoculars to get a glimpse of North Korea. Listen to your guide explain daily life in the village of Kijongdong across the river.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Dorasan Station, 307, Huimang-ro, Jangdan-myeon, Paju, Gyeonggi-do 10800 South Korea
Continue by coach to Dorasan Station, a historic spot that not only marks the division, but also serves as a gateway for exchanges between the north and south.
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: South Korea, South Korea
Pass by the Unification Village, a small farming community that specialized in creating soybean milk, traditional soy sauce and corn goods.
Pass By: City Hall, Sogong-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Your tour ends with a drop-off at City Hall.
Departure Point :Hongik Univ. Station, Donggyo-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Traveler pickup is offered
We only pick up all travelers from central Seoul area located hotels.Depending on your hotel location, meeting time is all different. So, you MUST confirm the exact meeting place and meeting time with local tour operator. If you stay in airbnb or local residential area, please let us know your accommodation name (with address). Then, we will arrange the meeting place for you.** last departure place will be Hongik Univ. Subway Station exit no 3 (8:30am or 11:40 depending on your option; morning / afternoon)For the last minute booking (12 hours prior the tour start), please also meet up at Hongik Univ. Subway Station exit no 3 directly as we are not able to make hotel pick up arrangement for you.
Return Detail :City Hall, Sogong-dong, Seoul, South Korea
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- ★★★Because of African Swine Fever, DMZ is officially closed by the government. Until the DMZ is open again, we will provide alternative DMZ tour: Hotel – Imjingak Park (Freedom Bridge, Mangbaedan, Imjingang River Dokgae Bridge, BEAT 131 bunkerexhibition) – Odu Mountain Unification Observatory – Ginseng Center - The War Memorial of Korea(Seoul) - Drop off City Hall
- You MUST get the exact meeting place and time from the local tour operator prior to departure
- A current valid passport is required the day of travel
- You do not need to send a copy of your passport
- Please follow the instructions of your tour guide about when and where you may take photos
- If a part of the tour itinerary is cancelled by unexpected military conditions or local circumstances, there will be no refund
- A moderate amount of walking through a steep and narrow tunnel involved - Comfortable clothes and shoes are recommended
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- A minimum of 2 adults is required to book the afternoon tour
- If you miss the tour bus because of late or confusing tour date, there will be no refund.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.