North Montenegro, Durmitor, Tara & Ostrog Tour
This tour is designed for all nature and adventure lovers made to combine all the places that make Montenegro wild and wonderful – beginning with the beautiful coastline of Kotor and Risan Bay; driving up to the high elevations of the Durmitor Mountains; admiring the deepest canyon in Europe - the river Tara; hiking around Black Lake and visiting the most famous and mysterious spiritual spot in the Balkans – the Ostrog Monastery. An overall memorable travel experience!
per adult from
What's included :
- Full day transport by mini-van or mini-bus
- Professional tour guide in english
- Fuel surcharge
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees (3€ for Durmitor NP)
- Food and drinks ( 3.5€ breakfast, 7-10€ lunch
- Tour Guide Tip
- Entry/Admission - Durmitor National Park Visitor Centre
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Our Lady of the Rocks, Island in Boka Bay, Perast, Kotor Municipality 85336 Montenegro
After 20 minutes we take our first photo stop at the outskirts of the baroque town of Perast. A short distance from the shoreline you’ll be able to capture perspectives of two famous islands – Our Lady of the Rocks (artificial) and Saint George (natural).
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Slano Lake, Niksic Plain, Niksic, Niksic Municipality Montenegro
Just before we arrive in Nikšić (where the best Montenegrin beer is made), we’ll take another photo stop at the beautiful Salty Lake (Slano Jezero), one of two big lakes that surround this historical city
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Tara Bridge, Tara Canyon Durmitor N.P. - Zabljak, Montenegro, Zabljak, Durmitor National Park, Zabljak Municipality 84220 Montenegro
Tara Bridge – the highest in Europe when built in 1940 - spanning the renown Tara River. If so inclined, time will be allotted to cross the 365 meter long bridge, 172 meters above the canyon floor.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Durmitor National Park Visitor Centre, National Park Authority Building, near Crno Lake, Zabljak, Durmitor National Park, Zabljak Municipality Montenegro
Black Lake - This lake is among 18 glacial lakes above 1,500 meters elevation on Durmitor Mountain.All together they are called “Mountain Eyes”
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ostrog Monastery, Ostrog, Dabojevici, Danilovgrad Municipality 81400 Montenegro
Nearing sunset, we’ll begin our ascent up the narrow and winding road, enjoying spectacular views of the highly-perched monastery in the effects of the setting sun..You may have an opportunity to observe bare footed pilgrims climbing up the 3 km long road, in order to reach this holy place and sleep over in the monastery yard.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :1: 360 monte, Stari grad 283, Kotor 85330, Montenegro
2: VOLI, Budva Mediteranska, Budva 85300, Montenegro
3: Simeun Rent a Car Tivat, Arsenalska, Tivat 85320, Montenegro
4: Autobuska Stanica Herceg Novi, Dr. Jovana Bijelica 1, Herceg - Novi 85340, Montenegro
Traveler pickup is offered
We will contact guests 1-day prior tour start regarding pick-up information.
Departure Time :7:10 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- WHAT TO BRING: water, sunscreen, comfortable shoes
- HIGHLIGHTS: Perast photo stop, View of Boka Bay above Risan, Slano Lake, traditional breakfast, Đurđevića Tara Bridge, Tara Canyon, Town of Žabljak, traditional lunch, Black Lake, Ostrog Monastery
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.