Northern Highlights Full-Day Guided Tour in Northern Ireland
This is a full-day guided tour taking in the highlights of Belfast (optional), the beautiful Causeway Coastal Route, the Giant’s Causeway and Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, with a few surprise destinations off the beaten track. This tour is aimed at the visitor who has limited time to spare on their trip to Northern Ireland. This tour will give you a great taste of the variety offered by the city, the coastline, the culture and heritage on a day-long tour from Belfast or any accomodation within Northern Ireland (additional costs apply).
per adult from
6 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off from Northern Ireland
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
- Driver and/or guide dependent on booking
- Live commentary on board
- Local professional guide
- Professional photographer guide
- Transport by air-conditioned Private Car or Minivan
- Hand Sanitiser in all our Private Vehicles
- Social Distancing Guaranteed
- Entry/Admission - Carrickfergus Castle
- Entry/Admission - Glenarm Castle
- Entry/Admission - Glenariff Forest Park
- Entry/Admission - Torr Head
- Entry/Admission - Murlough Bay and Fair Head
- Entry/Admission - Kinbane Castle
- Entry/Admission - Giant's Causeway
- Entry/Admission - Dunluce Castle
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Tips and Gratuities
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup from Dublin
- Entry/Admission - Ballycastle Harbour
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Belfast City Sightseeing, Belfast BT2 7BA Northern Ireland
(Optional for Belfast Pick Up - Unavailable for Derry/Other Pick Up) Take a tour of the highlights of Belfast including its majestic City Hall, the grandeur of the Stormont Estate, the University Quarter and the wonderful maritime history of the Titanic Quarter.
Stop At: Carrickfergus Castle, Marine Highway, Carrickfergus BT38 7BG Northern Ireland
One of the oldest and largest intact Norman Castles in Ireland, it has sat on the shores of Belfast Lough since 1177. Stop to take photos of this majestic building (depending on pick up/dropoff. Construction works until March 2020.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Glenarm Castle, 2 Castle Lane, Glenarm BT44 0BQ Northern Ireland
Get up close with one of the few remaining Irish castles still lived in by the same family for hundreds of years. Sadly, as it is a private home, we cannot visit, but our tour will uniquely take you to an amazing vantage point above Glenarm to view this Gothic masterpiece in all its glory.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Carnlough Library Library Carnlough Library 36 Harbour Road, Carnlough BT44 0EU Northern Ireland
A stopover in Carnlough - and not its library - will reward you with views of its beautiful limestone harbour, its railway bridges, the hotel once owned by the Churchill family and of course your first Game of Thrones location of the tour.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Glenariff Forest Park, Glenarrife Rd Northern Ireland
Travel through the Queen of the Nine Glens of Antrim - an inspiration for Narnia in the CS Lewis novels - and home to the tumbling waterfalls and ancient woodlands of Glenariff Forest Park.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Cushendall Local Information Office, 25 Mill Street, Cushendall BT44 0RR Northern Ireland
Before we visit Cushendall we take a stop at Agnew's Field and marvel at the sheer scale of Glenariff Glen and the ruins of the ancient Redbay Castle. The village itself has at its heart the 'Curfew Tower' and the magnificent murals celebrating the Irish game of Hurling.
Duration: 25 minutes
Pass By: Cushendun Village, Glenmona House, 10 Glendun Rd, Ballymena BT44 0PH Northern Ireland
This pretty seaside village is a conservation area in the ownership of the National Trust. Admire its half-slated homes in the Scottish style and the sculpture of Johann the goat and the story of his tragic end.
Stop At: Torr Head, Torr Road, Ballycastle BT54 6RQ Northern Ireland
The Torr Head Scenic Route curves its way across the high cliffs of the Antrim Coast, with amazing sea views and the Scottish coast just 12 miles distant (weather permitting). Admire deep green inlets and otherworldly rock formations before reaching the astonishing Murlough Bay with its curious link to 20th century Irish history.
Duration: 50 minutes
Stop At: Murlough Bay and Fair Head, Nr Ballycastle, Ballycastle Northern Ireland
(Depends on Season & Weather) This amazing bay is accessed by a narrow road that winds its way from the limestone cliffs that feature as the Stormlands in Game of Thrones, to the rocky shoreline with its limestone and basalt rock features, battered year-round by North Atlantic Ocean.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Ballycastle Harbour, 14 Bayview Road, Ballycastle BT54 6BT Northern Ireland
We will stop at this celebrated seaside resort for lunch (depending on season) at the award-winning Marconi Bar and Bistro with its famous seafood dishes and its world renowned chowder - Ballycastle being the first place to send and receive wireless radio signals by Marconi's team - then head along the coast to Kinbane. Winter Options Differ.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kinbane Castle, Ballycastle Northern Ireland
(TIme and Weather Permitting) The ruins of Kinbane Castle sit on a long, narrow limestone headland projecting into the sea, overlooking the churning waters of the Straits of Moyle, Rathlin Island and the Scottish Islands. Marvel at the tumbling waterfall and the sea caves far below the coastal path.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge, 119A Whitepark Road, Ballintoy BT54 6LS Northern Ireland
This trip does not include a crossing of the Rope Bridge (c. 3 hours). Instead we will view the Rope Bridge from above from Portaneevy Lookout Point and enjoy a panoramic view of the coastline and views across to Scotland (weather permitting).
Stop At: Giant's Causeway, Causeway Road, Bushmills BT57 8SU Northern Ireland
The Giant's Causeway is the most visited natural attraction in Ireland and is the only UNESCO World Heritage Site in Northern Ireland. With its astonishing collection of over 40,000 basalt columns, it is one of the must-see natural wonders on this spectacular coastline - if not the world - but let us know your thoughts.
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Dunluce Castle, 87 Dunluce Road Co. Antrim, Portrush BT57 8UY Northern Ireland
Nearly 250 years in construction, the clifftop location of Dunluce Castle has attracted artists and photographers for years. One of the most impressive castle ruins in Ireland, this stop will appeal to your inner artist. Allow at least 10 minutes to enjoy this amazing testament to the enterprise of the Irish, 600 years after building began.
Duration: 15 minutes
Departure Point :Belfast, UK
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up is available from all Belfast and Derry/Londonderry Hotels, Guesthouses, Bed & Breakfast, AirBnB, Holiday Parks, ports and airports. An additional fee applies to pickup from the new T1 Cruise Ship Terminal at Belfast Airport Road. Allow £30.00 pick up premium from this new location.Airports
- Belfast Intl Airport, Belfast Northern Ireland
- Belfast City Airport, Belfast Northern Ireland
- Belfast Port
- Derry/Londonderry Port
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- A maximum of 6 people per booking
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All of our experiences are private, either by luxury car or by luxury minivan. Most of your experience will take place in the outdoors, well off the beaten path and away from crowds, with the exception of some high volume areas like the Giant's Causeway, where safety measures are also in place.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.