Northern Lights and Chena Hot Springs Tour from Fairbanks
Discover the ethereal beauty of Alaska’s famous celestial display, impressive ice sculptures and the state’s ancient healing waters on an evening trip from Fairbanks. Throughout the night, admire the artwork inside Aurora Ice Museum and a dip into Chena Hot Spring Resort’s outdoor mineral water baths before chasing the lights. Your guide will lead your small group out to ideal northern lights viewing locations, where you’ll wait with warm beverages for a chance at glimpsing the multicolored display in the sky. Round-trip transport from Fairbanks or North Pole hotels is included.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local Guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Access to Chena Hot Springs Resort's hot springs, hot tubs and swimming area
- Entry/Admission - Aurora Ice Museum
- Entry/Admission - Chena Hot Springs Resort
What's excluded :
- Food & drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aurora Ice Museum, 17600 Chena Hot Springs Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99712, USA
Dress in warm winter layers before being picked up from your Fairbanks or North Pole hotel and transported to Chena Hot Springs Resort, located roughly 60 miles (97 kilometers) northeast of Fairbanks. On your 1.5-hour drive, keep your eyes peeled on the passing landscape for wildlife that might include a moose, beaver or fox.
Once you arrive at Chena Hot Springs Resort, enjoy an array of activities as you wait for the prime time to view the northern lights. First, follow your guide to the Aurora Ice Museum, which is crafted from more than 1,000 tons of ice and snow. Kept at a cool 25 degrees F (-7 degrees C), the museum houses intricate ice sculptures created by world- champion ice carvers Steve and Heather Brice. Their two-story observation tower includes a circular staircase, life-size jousters on horseback, an ice outhouse and more. If you’d like, purchase a drink served in an ice-carved martini glass inside the museum’s bar, where you can relax on caribou fur–covered stools and warm your hands by the ice fireplace.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Chena Hot Springs Resort, 56.5 Mile Chena Hot Springs Road, Chena Hot Springs, AK 99712
After wandering through the cool museum, don your bathing suit and enjoy the resort’s legendary namesake. The revitalizing mineral water soothes muscles with its warm temperatures of 106 degrees F (41 degrees C) year-round. You can also soak under the stars in an outdoor hot tub, or indoors in the heated pool. In between, slip away to the Aurora Café or the historic Resort Restaurant, where you can purchase meals, snacks, or beverages.
When ready, join your expert guide for a small-group outing to view the Aurora Borealis. Your guide will lead you through one of the best places on earth to witness the green and purple illuminations loop across the night sky. Wait and witness the celestial wonder with hot beverages in the late evening, when viewing opportunities are the highest. The lights are also visible inside the cafe's Aurora Room, which serves as a comfortable and warm location for viewings.
Note: We can never guarantee the Northern lights sighting.
Duration: 9 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pick you up from any address inside the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole. If you are staying at the Alaska-Wildlife-Cabins-and-hostel, you can hop right onto our vans at tour begin. If you are staying outside the city limits, we can pick you up at Walmart. If you are at an address which is not specified from us, but inside the city limits, we can pick you up from there. Just leave us a comment with the address.
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in cold weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- Please don't forget to bring bathing suits, bath towels, at least 2 quarter for each locker and a picture id for the cocktail in the ice museum. (has to be purchased separately)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- The outside rock pool is only allowed for Adults 18 years and up. However, children are allowed in the inside pool.
- Pregnant travelers are not allowed in the outside rock pool.
- We have enough room for a foldable wheelchair. The hot springs are wheelchair accessible.
- We can only pick you up from inside the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole. Everyone else can be picked up at the Walmart parking lot in Fairbanks or the North Pole hotel.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- To be in compliance with the CDC and the State of Alaska: We recommend that guests provide their own face masks and hand sanitizer. We also urge you to review the updated Health Mandate 10.1 regarding interstate and international travel.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.