Northern Lights Bus Tour from Reykjavik
The Northern Lights bus tour takes you out of Reykjavik city to see the bright dancing lights of the aurora. The Northern Lights are one of the most spectacular shows in Iceland and can frequently be seen during the winter months.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Aurora Reykjavik
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Aurora Reykjavik, Grandagardur 2 aurora Reykjavik, Reykjavik 101 Iceland
The Northern Lights, also known as the Aurora Borealis in the Northern Hemisphere, are actually the result of collisions between gaseous particles in the Earth's atmosphere with charged particles released from the sun's atmosphere.
The locations visited are different from day to day as we head in the direction with the most chances of seeing Northern Lights. As this tour is weather dependent and sightings are not guaranteed you are welcome to join another Northern Lights tour free of charge.
Booking this Northern Lights tour also gives you a free ticket to visit the Aurora Museum in Reykjavik, Grandagarður 2, 101 Reykjavík. The free entrance is only valid on the day you join the tour, from the time we announce whether the tour is ON (by email and on our website). The entrance fees to the Aurora Reykjavik exhibition are complementary meaning that if you do not wish to go to the museum, there is no partial refund.
Join us for a night of adventure in the Icelandic countryside!
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Þórunnartún 1, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
Our pickup can take up to 30 minutes so please wait at your pickup location from the time written on your ticket.More locations we do offer pickup service from:- Subway at the former Oddsson Ho(s)tel, Hringbraut 119- Burgerjoint (Hamborgarabullan), Geirsgata 1- Gamli Gardur, Hringbraut 29- BSI Bus Terminal, Vatnsmyrarvegur 10 (front / taxi side)Many accommodations in central Reykjavik are redirected to official "Tour Bus Stops" from which we also offer pickup:- Tour Bus Stop 1, Ráðhúsið - City Hall, Vonarstraeti (64.146316,-21.941491)- Tour Bus Stop 2, Tjörnin - The Pond, Maedragardur on Laekjargata (64.145763,-21.938547)- Tour Bus Stop 3, Lækjargata, Laekjargata 4 (64.14678,-21.937296)- Tour Bus Stop 5, Harpa, Austurbakki 2 (64.14678,-21.937296)- Tour Bus Stop 6, Safnahúsið - The Culture House, Hverfisgata 15 by Arnarholl (64.147454,-21.932894)- Tour Bus Stop 7, Traðarkot, Hverfisgata 20 (64.146706,-21.930425)- Tour Bus Stop 8, Hallgrímskirkja, by Eiriksgata (64.141548,-21.927973)- Tour Bus Stop 9, Snorrabraut, Snorrabraut 24 (64.143497,-21.916289)- Tour Bus Stop 10, Hlemmur, Laugavegur 105 (64.143155,-21.915414)- Tour Bus Stop 11, Austurbær, Snorrabraut 37 (64.142364,-21.917228)- Tour Bus Stop 13, Rauðarárstígur, Laugavegur 120 (64.142658,-21.913866)Free pickup location:- Tour Bus Stop 12, Höfðatorg, Þórunnartún 1 (64.144389,-21.910327)Ports
- Skarfabakki Harbour, Reykjavik
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 8 years old
- Booking this Northern Lights tour also gives you a free ticket to visit the Aurora Museum in Reykjavik, Grandagarður 2, 101 Reykjavík. The free entrance is only valid on the day you join the tour, from the time we announce whether the tour is ON (by email and on our website). The entrance fees to the Aurora Reykjavik exhibition are complementary meaning that if you do not wish to go to the museum, there is no partial refund.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Dress in warm, wind and waterproof clothing and footwear.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 65 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Face masks will be available to purchase, if forgotten. All clothes worn by staff are washed on a hot cycle after every tour. Passengers are requested to wear clean clothes. Instructions on how to avoid infection are in all our vehicles.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.