Northern Lights Private Tour from Reykjavik
Chase the Aurora Borealis, also known as the Northern Lights, and watch them dance above you on this 3-4 hour private tour from Reykjavik. The Northern lights are often visible during the winter months from September through April, and locations vary day-to-day based on the weather.
per adult from
3 to 4 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Bottled water
- WiFi in vehicle
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off in the capital area
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Meet your private guide and driver at your accommodation in Reykjavik where your tour begins. Review the forecast with your guide and drive to the location where the Northern Lights could be seen.
The location visited during this tour vary day-to-day depending on the weather. Popular viewing spots are Thingvellir National Park, Hvalfjordur and the Reykjanes Peninsula. Northern Lights are caused by the interaction of particles from the sun and upper atmosphere near the North Pole. This results in pink, green, yellow and violet hues you can see dancing in the sky.
After chasing the Northern Lights and spending about 60 minutes at your location, the tour finishes with drop-off back at your accommodation.
Because this tour is weather dependent, sightings are not guaranteed.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We can pickup at any accommodation in the capital area.Ports
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in cold weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Because this tour is weather dependent, sightings are not guaranteed. Refunds are never made after tour completion.
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.