Northern Lights Snowmobile Safari from Rovaniemi
Your guide will light up a bonfire and you will enjoy a picnic while waiting for the Northern Lights to appear on the arctic sky. Everyone can grill traditional Finnish 'makkara' sausages on the fire and Lappish berry juice will be served to keep you warm. Please remember to bring along a tripod for your camera, if you want to take proper photos in the dark.
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (centrally located Rovaniemi hotels)
- Round-trip shared transfer
- All described activities, services and equipment
- A thermal overall, boots, gloves, woolen socks, a scarf and helmets, unless mentioned otherwise
- Small snacks and hot drinks around camp fire
What's excluded :
- All snowmobiles are insured, but the maximum amount of liability for damage caused to the snowmobile is €900.00. By purchasing an additional self liability waiver for €30.00 you can reduce your maximum self-liability to €150.00.
- This evening snowmobile safari will be a special experience to discover the magic of snowy forests in the night. Given extra light by the white snow reflection or the stars and the moon, you follow the snowmobile trails away from the city lights and looking for the spot where to admire the arctic sky.
Experience an unforgettable journey in the wilderness by driving a snowmobile on a frozen lake. If you are lucky, you may also see the Northern Lights dancing in the sky.
Even if you don't get a chance to see the Northern Lights, your guide will explain all about this phenomenon also known as Aurora Borealis and the old Finnish/Lappish life. The appearance of the lights is not guaranteed but they are visible during about 70% evenings with the clear sky. Northern Lights often appear just under the Polar Star.
After the tour you will be transferred to a safari house, followed by your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
People staying in Rovaniemi town centre hotels will be picked up from Koskikatu 6, Rovaniemi. If unsure about pickup point, please let us know your accommodation name and address and we will figure it out for you.
Departure Time :7:00 PM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for children aged 4 and under
- Most of the safaris include a transfer from your accommodation. The departure point and pick up time will be announced a reasonable time before the travel date.
- Each tour starts with the safety brief and driving instructions from guide
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.