Northern Lights Snowmobile Sleigh Ride
Join our legendary Northern Lights trip to maximise your chances to see this great natural arctic phenomenon. Our destination is the best possible place - a small mountain where the sky is often clear and view to north perfect.
Our Northern Lights trip has got excellent feedbacks already for years. This is because our Northern Lights spotting place is the best possible place in Rovaniemi area where are no other lights at all, northern sky is fully open and the weather is often clear even if it is cloudy or foggy in the town. By our long experience the right hours to be out there is 11-12 PM. Anyway you need some luck to see the lights and it is unpredictable even during the trip! Great surprises happen!
On this tour you reach the more distant spots what you can't reach on foot! You will sit as a passenger on a sleigh puled by guide snowmobile.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Guidance services
- Winter adventure gear
- Organizer's liability insurance
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Private tours available for additional charge
- Even on our 45 minutes way out from the artificial lights it is possible to see the Northern Lights - Aurora Borealis if the weather is good. During this trip you will reach the summit of the mountain easily on a snowmobile / quadbike sleigh. The snowmobile / quadbike is driven by a professional guide so you may just sit and enjoy! The last part we will walk on wooden stairs finally reaching a wooden watchtower on the summit. There we have 360 degrees view to the horizon.
We also make a fire in the tepee and enjoy warm beverages and barbeque snacks while watching the sky. The guide explains all about Northern Lights and the old mythology. The appearance of the lights is not guaranteed but the chances are the best possible. The arctic starry sky is very beautiful - spot the Big Bear and Polar Star, Northern Lights often appear just under the Polar Star. Listen to the stories about local life and nature by living fire. Experience some old Lappish shamanism and see your future in a light-hearted program with our great Aurora guides!
Departure Point :Lapland Welcome, Rovakatu 26, 96200 Rovaniemi, Finland
Traveler pickup is offered
We will confirm the exact pick up time upon booking.The meeting time at Lapland Welcome Safari Office (Rovakatu 26, 2nd floor, 96200 Rovaniemi) is 15 minutes before the starting time of the safari.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at the time of booking if required
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Please contact us if you wish to have a guide in other language
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 1,000 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.