Novi Sad and Sremski Karlovci with Wine Tasting
Set off for an adventure and get a full-day acquaintance with Vojvodina, the Northern Province of Serbia. Being the border between the Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian Empires, Vojvodina reconciled different styles and influences, nations and traditions which resulted in an authentic mix worth visiting!
Find out more about the Serbian religious legacy and visit one of the monasteries at Fruška Gora National Park. Then, dive into a slow-paced lifestyle of Sremski Karlovci, a little town with fantastic ambiance and architecture, famous for wine production and spiritual influence over the Serbian culture. Wine-tasting at a local winery will warm you up for the upcoming sightseeing of Petrovaradin, a 17th-century fortress and a famous venue of the EXIT Music Festival.
Enjoy Novi Sad, the city with a very strong sense of identity which will seduce you with its charming passages, fancy downtown, and open-minded people. It is rightfully called the European Capital of Culture for 2021.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Wine tasting in a traditional winery of Sremski Karlovci
- Entry/Admission - Fruska Gora Monasteries
- Entry/Admission - Sremski Karlovci
What's excluded :
- Private transportation
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fruska Gora Monasteries, Novi Sad Serbia
When you already feel like a local in Belgrade, it is time to spread your knowledge about Serbia! Come with us and explore the northern region, a wonderful piece of land showing the diversity of our country.
Heading to the North, you'll enjoy the wide, colorful plain of the Vojvodina region. You will notice an isle which "spoils" the simple skyline and the flat morphology of the terrain.
This is Fruska Gora mountain where 17 religious gems of the Serbian Orthodox Church are hidden. We will reveal you one of them which will seduce you with its peace and legacy of the Branković family as the most important benefactor during Serbia's challenging times, the Turkish siege.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Sremski Karlovci Serbia
After the calm beginning, you will be ready for the more dynamic part of the tour. You will be welcomed by the little, charming town of Sremski Karlovci, its atmosphere reflecting times in history, its polite citizens, and its unofficial mascot Raša.
The Patriarchy Palace, Saint Nikola's church, and the first Serbian gymnasium established in 1791 are justifying Sremski Karlovci's title "museum town".
One of the best sides of Karlovci would probably be wine production, and therefore you will have the opportunity to visit a traditional winery and try a local sort of wine!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Petrovaradin Fortress, Tvrdjava In the direction of the Academy of Arts through the tunnel on the imperial field on the left, Petrovaradin, Novi Sad 21131 Serbia
Driving along the right bank of Danube, you will pass a church whose details point to two religions interweaving.
Shortly after, walls of the mighty Petrovaradin fortress will meet you. This gorgeous beauty has an impressive underground labyrinth that is still not fully researched. Beside of subterrane organized in four levels, there are also seven of them on a surface.
Built as a pillar of Austrian defense from Turkish invasion, Petrovaradin fortress was never conquered, nowadays giving us a chance to enjoy the most amazing view over Novi Sad, to feel the energy of the most prestigious European music festival "Exit", and to take a photo with the „drunk clock".
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Novi Sad, Novi Sad, Vojvodina
As a cherry on top of the cake, walk through the picturesque downtown of Novi Sad, and you will see in the few first steps that this city is a melting point of different nations and ethnic groups, a city with true multicultural ambiance. Vivid facades with a specific type of windows, one cannonball in a wall as a remainder, street musicians on each corner, charming passages and a long list of important sights worthy of attention will make you fall in love with this European capital of culture for 2021.
As a treat at the end of the tour, you will have some free time to explore this city with a slow tempo by yourself, to buy some souvenirs or to taste flavors of the local cuisine enriched with the influence of Austria and Hungary.
Afterwards, you will be driven back to your accommodation in Belgrade, hopefully fully satisfied with this new experience!
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Departure Point :Studentski trg 3, Beograd 11000, Serbia
Traveler pickup is offered
Meet your guide at the reception of your accommodation or at a location cited in the confirmationmessage which will be sent a day before.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 18 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.