Nuns Valley Tour
This is a trip to the center of Madeira Island, where extraordinary mountains with cloud-covered ridges descend to the verdant valleys in the most spectacular way.
Our excursion begins with a visit to the Mirador do Pico dos Barcelos (from this place it is possible to contemplate a panoramic view of the bay and the city of Funchal). We then proceed to Eira do Serrado, a viewpoint located at 1094 meters above the parish of Curral das Freiras. Then we went to the small village of Curral das Freiras.
The enormous cauldron in which the Curral das Freiras is situated was formed by erosion, which is the latest theory, or, as many still believe, by volcanic activity. The village is very isolated and the inhabitants live mainly from what they cultivate. The local chestnuts are delicious and are used in daily cooking. Every year, the inhabitants celebrate the 'Chestnut Festival', for which the village is famous.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- All Fees and Taxes
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Miradouro Pico Dos Barcelos, Estrada Comandante Camacho de Freitas, Funchal, Madeira Portugal
Viewpoint of Barcelos Peak. The famous viewpoint, with a magnificent view of Funchal, heading to one of the most beautiful viewpoints.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Eira do Serrado, E 107, Camara De Lobos, Madeira Portugal
The Eira do Serrado Viewpoint is not only fantastic for its magnificent view but also by the tranquility and the almost untouched and wild nature. Here you can see the picturesque village of Curral das Freiras.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Valley of the Nuns, Caminho da Padaria, Curral das Freiras, Camara De Lobos, Madeira 9030-314 Portugal
Nuns Valley, the trip to the center of the island takes us down into the Valley of the Nuns; Curral das Freiras which is mystically overshadowed by beautiful mountains with peaks covered by the layers of white clouds.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Free Pick-up From all Hotels, houses, etc.Ports
- Port of Funchal
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Notice: Due to Covid-19, Feeling Madeira agency have two important certifications: Clean & Safe (Turismo de Portugal). Safe Travels (World Travel & Tourism Council / WTTC).
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.