NYC Off The Beaten Path Tour with A Local Insider: Private & 100% Personalized
We can’t think of a better way to really get familiar with NY than with a Local by your side! Focusing on a neighbourhood of your choice, discover loved by locals places and get an insight into what life is like for New Yorkers. You’ll see the most famous attractions in the area, but we’ll show you a few hidden gems on the way too! Your route will be fully personalised to what you want to see, and of course include a few spots to stop and refuel with a coffee, a craft beer or some street food.
Our handpicked hosts are culinary connoisseurs and history buffs, bakers and bankers, students and seniors. Like the people who travel with us, they have different backgrounds and interests – but they’re all so passionate about the place they call home, they choose to spend their free time sharing it with the like-minded travelers matched to them.
Your meeting place and time as well as your itinerary are flexible, so you can plan and experience with your host to meet your needs.
per adult from
2 to 8 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private and personalised experience
- 2 to 8 hours with a Local host
- Pick-up from your accommodation (within a reasonable distance)
- Walking experience (if required, your host can suggest public transport or private taxi options)
- Hotel meet-up (available on request for central location)
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Tickets to any attractions
- Transportation costs
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: 59th to 110th Street Manhattan Borough, from Central Park West to 5th Avenue, New York City, NY 10022
With five diverse boroughs to explore, it would be impossible to discover all of New York in half a day - so with limited time, what is it that you’d enjoy the most?
You might like to experience Manhattan and could start off at Central Park.
Pass By: Rockefeller Center, 45 Rockefeller Plaza Rockefeller Centre, New York City, NY 10111-0100
To discover a particular local neighbourhood or specific area of New York City, there’s no better experience. With a like-minded Local host by your side who shares your passions, you’ll be able to experience not only the main tourist attractions but uncover a few hidden spots that your Local host will hand pick for you.
Passing this Historic Landmark might be exactly what you are looking for.
Pass By: Madison Square Park, Between 23rd and 26 streets and Madison and Fifth Avenues, New York City, NY 10010
Stop for a quick bite or coffee break at one of the local’s favourite cafés or street food markets, a hand-picked place that suits your preferences, budget and dietary requirements; and pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest that you stumble across on the way.
Madison Square Park is a good spot to enjoy this.
Pass By: Lower Manhattan, New York City, NY
Get to know your Local host, who will give you recommendations for the rest of your trip so you can continue to eat, drink and see the city like a local; as well as sharing some practical insider tips for how to avoid the tourist traps!
Pass By: The National 9/11 Memorial & Museum, 180 Greenwich St World Trade Center, New York City, NY 10007-0089
You could end off your experience at this famous site which changed the world as we know it.
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personalities and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Your Local host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
Departure Point :New York, NY, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
Once you have booked your experience, we will be in touch in order to finalise the meeting point details with you. We can arrange pick up from hotels and other locations in the centre of the city. Your meeting point must be confirmed and agreed by the experience planners in advance. This is a walking experience, so your host will meet you on foot.
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. NYC hidden gems 4 hrs 9/17/2017 - 12/31/2023
NYC hidden gems 8 hrs 5/1/2021 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
NYC hidden gems 2hrs 5/1/2021 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
NYC hidden gems 6 hrs 5/1/2021 - 12/31/2023
Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 08:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- When booking, please provide the following:
- your accommodation name and address
- your preferred meeting time
- any special requests you may have
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- City Unscripted and all City Unscripted hosts follow the WHO (World Health Organization) and local government’s health and safety recommendations at all times. To keep up to date with the latest news we recommend visiting these World Health Organization (WHO) website pages.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.