Oak Alley Plantation Tour
Experience the grandeur of New Orleans’ antebellum south on a half‐day tour of Oak Alley Plantation. Take a journey through time to the manicured estate and into the gorgeous home, built in 1839. View stunning architecture, oak‐lined esplanades, and enduring sugar cane fields while learning about the plantation’s fascinating – and often somber – histories from expert guides.
per adult from
4 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Guided tour of plantation home
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local guide
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Oak Alley Plantation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Oak Alley Plantation, 3645 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7079
Experience a bygone era in one of the South's most beautiful settings - Oak Alley Plantation, built in 1839. Marvel at the unbelievable quarter-mile long alley of 28 magnificent Oak trees, each over 250 years old.
Perhaps the most photographed plantation ever, Oak Alley has been the setting for such motion pictures as "Interview with a Vampire", "Primary Colors" and the wedding of Bo and Hope from the daytime soap opera, "Days of our Lives".
Your guided Oak Valley Plantation tour will reveal the stories of the home and its history. View the Majestic Cypress Trees in Louisiana's swamps bordering the Mississippi River. You can purchase a snack, salad or sandwich in the Cafe and Ice Cream Parlor to enjoy at the picnic tables or aboard the coach (not included in price).
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Pass By: Lake Pontchartrain, New Orleans, LA
Although called a lake, this is actually a large lagoon and brackish estuary fed by fresh water rivers and connected to the Gulf of Mexico. Covering 630 square miles (1600 km2) it is one of the largest wetlands in North America.
Pass By: I-10 Bonnet Carré Spillway Bridge, St Rose, LA 70087, USA
View the spillway, a flood control operation in the Lower Mississippi west of New Orleans. The spillway, when open, allows floodwaters from the Mississippi River to flow into Lake Pontchartrain and thence into the Gulf of Mexico.
Pass By: St. Joseph Plantation, 3535 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7073
Historic plantation, circa 1830, that remains a family owned working sugar plantation today along with sister property Felicity Plantation, circa 1846.
Pass By: Laura: Louisiana's Creole Heritage Site, 2247 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-5409
Historic Creole sugar cane plantation, circa 1805, and plantation complex with 12 buildings on the National Register.
Departure Point :Gray Line New Orleans, 400 Toulouse St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels.
- Wheelchair Access: If the guest needs a wheelchair lift equipped bus, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher.
- Alternate Routes: Due to uneven and narrow paths, alternate routes may be necessary for guests traveling in wheelchairs.
- Guests using a wheelchair at Oak Alley Plantation will have access to the gift shop, restrooms, and museum via a ramp. The plantation grounds are accessible; however, there are narrow and uneven dirt paths. The main house tour is not accessible to guest traveling in wheelchairs and is not required to be modified as it is a historic home; however, the basement is accessible. Guests would be able to view the slave quarters, but would not have access to enter.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.