Oak Alley Plantation Tour with Transportation
Take your time enjoying the Oak Alley tour and exploring the Big House, grounds, slave cabins, exhibits, and café. Tour leaves from the Doubletree Hotel in the French Quarter. Please allow 30 minutes for pick-up. Tour is approximately 7 hours long (drive included). Daily pickup starting at 9:45AM. Dress for the weather! We recommend cool, comfortable clothing. Be sure to pack a bottle of water and your sunscreen.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Pickup and drop off outside of Doubletree Hotel (300 Canal St.) ONLY
- Entry/Admission - Oak Alley Plantation
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Great River Road, Louisiana
Travel down Great River Road to reach your destination and marvel at Louisiana's antebellum mansions and plantation homes.
Stop At: Oak Alley Plantation, 3645 Highway 18, Vacherie, LA 70090-7079
Oak Alley plantation gets its name from the spectacular quarter mile tunnel of 28 oak trees that frame the driveway as you approach. Built in 1839 and facing the Mississippi River, the magnificent entrance to Oak Alley Plantation makes it a “Must See” destination on everyone’s list of historic Louisiana sites. This plantation was originally named Bon Séjour (“pleasant sojourn”), but became known as Oak Alley when riverboat passengers floating by marveled at the double row of giant oak trees leading to the mansion. Thanks to its classic appearance and beautiful restoration, Oak Alley Plantation has been featured in a number of movies and TV series, including the movie “Interview with a Vampire,” and Beyonce’s “Deja Vu” music video.
During your tour, you’ll hear from expert guides in period dress, as they recount the factual history of the mansion and immerse you in another time. The tour will bring you through several interior rooms of the plantation, as well as upstairs, where you’ll step outside to take in a breathtaking view of the centuries-old Oak trees and surrounding grounds.
After your tour, we’ll give you some time to explore the vast grounds surrounding Oak Alley, which include fascinating exhibits, recreated slave quarters, and of course, countless views of the Oaks themselves that have made this plantation famous. Oak Alley plantation also features a restaurant serving traditional southern fare, ready-made sandwiches and snacks, gift shop, and on-site bar staff ready to whip up a refreshing mint julep.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans, 300 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130, USA
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 33 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.