Oakland Sweets Spirits and The Beyond Food Tour
Just in time for Halloween! Come join us for a spook-tacular tour filled with tricks, and most importantly, some unforgettably delicious treats. Our Oakland Sweets Spirits and The Beyond Food Tour is not your typical Oakland cemetery tour. This 90-minute walking tour highlights some of the Piedmont-area’s hidden gems including the final resting places of some of the Bay Area’s most famous and infamous residents.
Locals, new-in-town-ers, and visitors alike will love learning the area’s dead history—with a decidedly spooky seasonal twist. It’s a not-to-be-missed opportunity to enjoy tastes of the area’s culinary best while immersing yourself in the true “spirit” of Oakland.
In true pumpkin spice latte spirit, this tour is seasonal and only offered on Saturdays and Sundays in October. Don’t miss it! – Must be 21 or older!
per adult from
1 hour 30 minutes
What's included :
- Food tasting
- Alcoholic beverage
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Chapel of the Chimes Oakland, 4499 Piedmont Ave, Oakland, CA 94611-4218
Explore the original section of the Julia Morgan-designed Chapel of the Chimes, a columbarium housing the remains of nearly 285,000 deceased.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Mountain View Cemetery, 5000 Piedmont Ave, Oakland, CA 94611-4294
Visit Piedmont Funeral Services and Mountain View Cemetery and view historic family vaults and grave sites, including that of Victor Jules Bergeron, also known as “Trader Vic” (creator of the famed Mai Tai).
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Chapel Of The Chimes Oakland, 4499 Piedmont Ave, Oakland, CA 94611, USA
Departure Time :4:00 PM
Return Detail :Kona Club, 4401 Piedmont Ave, Oakland, CA 94611, USA
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 21 years
- Comfortable clothing and walking shoes
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately; tours may be cancelled 24 hours in advance for heavy rain/weather
- MUST provide local phone number and email address in order to confirm tour
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Organised by Local Food Adventures