OAXACA STREET FOOD TOUR, eat like a local.
Me Encanta Oaxaca is a small family business run by Betsaida & Javier and started with a simple wish to share everyone the magic of Oaxaca culture, the vibe of the city and towns, the beauty of its people everywhere we go and the immense flavors of Oaxaca Food and drinks, as long as we support local and small family businesses.
And I am for sure that at the end of your stay you will say ¡ME ENCANTA OAXACA!.
per adult from
What's included :
- Breakfast - Todos los alimentos y bebidas están incluidas en el precio.
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Bottled water - It's given at the beginning of the food tour
What's excluded :
- Umbrellas, raincoats, tip.
- Alcoholic Beverages - No se incluyen las bebidas alcohólicas como pedidos extras.
- Eat like a local in this food tour. Don’t miss out on 25+ most typical Oaxacan foods in the 3 main markets and street food stalls. We'll have a flat walking food tour around a mile, while we talk about culture, history, food, drinks, sit and eat.
Discover why Oaxaca is one of Mexico’s foremost food destinations, which means that there is a wide range of ingredients and methods of preparation, many of these dating back to pre-Hispanic times.
Corn is the main dietary staple, and it is served in a seemingly infinite variety of ways. Flavorful moles, fresh herbs, dried chiles, quesillo, grasshopers and handmade corn tortillas are just a few of the elements that make Oaxacan food so special.
• Templo de Santo Domingo de Guzman, Oaxaca Mexico
• Andador de Macedonia Alcala, Oaxaca Mexico
• Ethnobotanical Garden, Reforma esquina Constitucion Centro, Oaxaca 68000 Mexico
• Mercado Sanchez Pascuas, Calle Porfirio Diaz 719, Oaxaca 68040 Mexico
• Mercado de Benito Juarez, Las Casas S/n, Oax_Re_Benito Juarez, Centro, Oaxaca Mexico
• Mercado 20 de Noviembre, 20 de Noviembre, Oaxaca Mexico
• Zocalo, Bustamante and Portal de Palacio S / N, Oaxaca 68000 Mexico
• Templo de la Compania de Jesus, Flores Magon No 2 Esquina calle Trujano, Oaxaca Mexico
• Corn - Pre-hispanic corn-based meals & drinks
The Oaxacan pizza
• 4 Moles - Oaxaca is known for its 7 moles, moles are special dishes due to they are made of different chilies, veggies and spices that make them unique.
• Tacos - Unique tacos made of oaxacan products, one is made of chile relleno with a smoky flavor and another is made of chorizo oaxaqueño with quesillo.
• Chocolate - A special drink for cold days and day of death
• Fresh fruit water (aguas de sabor) - Common fresh drinks to cool you off during hot days
• Mouth- watering grill meats & garnishes - A combination of different meats, guacamole, salsa, Mexican salads, tortillas, cheese and more.
• Typical Oaxacan desserts - Two different homemade desserts & a sorbet.
Departure Point :The Italian Coffee Company, Calle Macedonio Alcalá 501, RUTA INDEPENDENCIA, Centro, 68000 Oaxaca de Juárez, Oax., Mexico
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- The distance walked is about a mile. Mostly flat walking, some stairs
- Kids are welcome
- Infants are free, ages 4 and under.
- Tour bookings are fully refundable up to 48 hours before your tour date, and we can also swap you into a different tour if there’s availability. A change of plans is no problem.
- Customers will also receive a full refund in case of operator cancellation due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances, and we can also swap you into a different tour if there’s availability.
- Cancellation won’t be refunded if it is made within 24 hours before the start date or in the meetup time day of the tour.
- If guests cancel part of the experiences during the tour, there won’t be any refund.
- Me Encanta Oaxaca is not responsible for the loss of valuables in public or private transport vehicles due to the customer's carelessness.
- Tour takes place rain or shine.
- Transportation to/from meeting point not included
- Menu subject to change depending on availability
- We suggest not making an early lunch reservation on the day of your tour
- * Face masks are obligatory to wear to do this tour. (including tour operator, adults, kids & babies).
- * The body temperature is taken to all participants to make sure no one has fever or covid risks.
- * If someone is detected with 37 ºC of fever or more, will be invited to rest in his/her hotel & the money will be refunded.
- * The tour operator provides hand sanitizer.
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.