Observatory Stargazing Tour from Santiago
If you are fascinated by the photos and pictures of light year distant planets, stars and galaxies far far away, then don’t miss this chance to get a glance of the famous Chilean clear skies only half an hour away from the city. The observatory is owned privately and located in the Andes. At this Observatory you will have the unique experience of partly stargaze in broad daylight. A unique experience because there is no other place in the world where this is being done.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transport
- Bilingual guide
- Welcome glass of wine
- Explanation by astronomer
- Boutique appetizers & wine
- Entry/Admission - Andes Mountains
What's excluded :
- Optional gratuities for guides and drivers
- Items of personal nature
- Travel insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Andes Mountains, Santiago Chile
After arrival to this privately held Observatory in the middle of the Andes Mountains, you will be offered a glass of wine or other refreshment by our host. Followed by a brief presentation given by an experienced astronomer on where in the universe earth is located, complemented with astounding facts about planets, stars, galaxies and what can we expected to observe on the telescopes.
Next we begin the observation of the clear sky with our bare eyes and the guidance of our astronomer, we continue then with simple binoculars and move onwards in technology to bigger and higher tech telescopes until you finally get to see the beautiful celestial bodies on the astrophotography telescope. We will make sure you receive the pictures through e-mail!
To put your feet back on the ground, our host will serve you a glass of wine, cheese and other appetizers while you share your experiences and impressions with other members of the tour.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Send us your hotel in Santiago and we will make sure you will be picked up!-->In summer we pick you up around 19.00/ 19.30-->In winter we pick you up around 17.00This is in order to use the last day light for stargazing in broad daylight.Exact pick up times are determined by the astronomer and are communicated upon booking.(If you need to be picked up at the airport we will send you a driver at additional costs)
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.