Ocean Spirit Michaelmas Cay Dive and Snorkel Cruise from Cairns
Spend the day on Michaelmas Cay, a small sand island on the outer Great Barrier Reef. You'll cruise from Cairns aboard a luxury sailing catamaran, see the reef's brilliant coral and marine life from a semi-submersible submarine, try scuba diving or go on a snorkeling tour. Lunch on board is a delicious hot and cold buffet including prawns.
per adult from
8 hours 30 minutes
What's included :
- Roundtrip cruise from Cairns to Michaelmas Cay
- Morning and afternoon tea
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Use of snorkel equipment and lyra suit
- Coral viewing in air-conditioned semi-submersible,
- Ecological presentations by qualified marine biologists
- Environmental Management Charge
- Entry/Admission - Michaelmas Cay
What's excluded :
- Drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ocean Spirit Cruises, Reef Fleet Terminal 1 Spence St, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
Upon arrival to Reef Fleet Terminal please check-in at the Great Adventures/Ocean Spirit counter inside the Reef Fleet Terminal to obtain your boarding passes and be directed to the vessel boarding area.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Michaelmas Cay, Great Barrier Reef, Cairns, Queensland 4870 Australia
Upon departure from Cairns, set sail aboard Ocean Spirit to the unique reef environment of Michaelmas Cay, a picturesque sand cay encircled by beautiful fringing reef. It is also a National Park and protected sanctuary for migratory seabirds, one of the most important nesting sites in the Southern Hemisphere. Michaelmas reef is renowned for an abundance of giant clams and sea turtles amongst a myriad of colourful and exotic marine life. The tour includes snorkelling and semi-submersible coral viewing tours for those who want to see the underwater world without getting wet.
Michaelmas Cay is located in the World Heritage Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. If you would like to dive the Great Barrier Reef, introductory dives for novices and marine biologist guided snorkel tours are also available.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :1 Spence St, Cairns City QLD 4870, Australia
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age for all diving activities is 12 years
- After a single scuba dive a wait of 12 hours is recommended before ascending to an altitude of 300 metres or greater. If doing multiple dives an interval of 24 hours is suggested.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (For example: asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.